How to change the text color of product list header under "Featured Products" section

Hello Friends,

I have a small doubt. I am not able to figure out "How to change the text color of the product list heading

under "Featured Products" section". In "global.css", I have tried changing the header background properties by editing the following property.

h2 {
font-size: 1.1em;
line-height:1.6em;
padding-left:0.5em;
margin: 0.5em 0;
text-transform: uppercase;
font-weight: bold;
/*color: #374853;*/
color:#FFFFFF;
background: transparent url('../img/15.jpg') repeat top left;
/*border:1px solid #990000;*/
height: 21px;
}

I am able to change the background color and image of the product list header. But I dont know, for some reason, I am not able to change the color of the header text. I want the color to be white, which I have specified in the css, but it has no effect on the text color.

The link to my website is : www.pcex.in

Here you can see that the product list header under the Featured Products section (for every listed product) is green (which is the image repeated in the x direction), but on top of that I want the text color to be white.

Can someone tell me how can I do that, or which css property should I edit to get the desired result. Thank you..

I have one more small question. When I am adding the products in the back office, After all the details of the products are added, there is one field in the last which says "Filter". What is the purpose of this field? I mean, what shoul be added to the filter box, and what will it do ??? Thanks...

I think my problem is not clearly understood by the readers, I think that's why I am not getting the reply to the question I have posted earlier. Well, I will try to explain it once again by showing the attached picture.

If you see the picture, you will find the 4 product list headers enclosed in 4 hand drawn eclipse. displayed under "Featured Products".
I have managed to change the background image (of the header, currently displayed in green) by editing the h2 property in global.css

But I am not able to change the color of text of the list header. Currently the text color of the list header is grey, But I want the header text appear in White. Can somebody provide me with a solution to this. Any help will be appreciated. Thank You..

17497_tX98fdK6jjpeG1CGPLo2_t

Vikram,

I'll try and help but am very new to all of this. What I do to learn, is use "Firebug" in FireFox which allows you to identify a lot of information on a webpage. Looking at your site and the text you want to change, it appears you need to modify the color in the global CSS (in your themes folder). I took a screen shot of this, it looks like line 142....
Let me know how it goes....don't forget to clear your browser cache after making changes and uploading the file back to your website through FTP.

17503_wQLwOHM5HBGzAE6G8jj0_t