Memory leak

thooom

Hello,

I'm using PHP 5.3.3, PS 1.6.0.9 and ebay module 1.9.2. I noticed that when I launch synchronization, server memory usage increase on each iteration and dosen't decrease when I stop the synchro. Then it decrease after many hours, but having thousands of products sometimes I need to restart the server before the complete synchronization, and memory usage fall down again as it should be.

Looking at the code, it all seems to happen in EbayRequest.php for the CURL request. Maybe a php bug?

Thanks for help

PHP design to die after all request. So after your request to service is finished memory is cleared. But if you use php-fpm on server side they workers can eat memory and not free it correctly. In your case ebay module eat lot of memory that become "eaten" by php worker. 

Solution for this it's modify php-fpm configuration to restart workers after 300 request.

Settings for this in pool configuration

pm.max_requests = 500

So summarise. Curl or some php code that executed for small period can't be reason of eating memory. This is more related to server php-processor.

PHP design to die after all request. So after your request to service is finished memory is cleared. But if you use php-fpm on server side they workers can eat memory and not free it correctly. In your case ebay module eat lot of memory that become "eaten" by php worker. 

Solution for this it's modify php-fpm configuration to restart workers after 300 request.

Settings for this in pool configuration

pm.max_requests = 500

So summarise. Curl or some php code that executed for small period can't be reason of eating memory. This is more related to server php-processor.

Thank you for reply. phpinfo() says Server Api: CGI/FastCGI. Does it mean I'm not using php-fpm? If not, is there another way to check it?

Thank you for reply. phpinfo() says Server Api: CGI/FastCGI. Does it mean I'm not using php-fpm? If not, is there another way to check it?

This mean you use phpfpm. Please check

https://www.google.de/webhp?q=php+fastcgi#q=php+fastcgi&start=1

In your case better to contact your hosting support.

If you have ssh access you can see what run for php by command.

ps aux | grep php-fpm

will show you workers