URGENT: Native Paypal module stopped working, no error logs

albertalbert

We're currently on Prestahop 1.5.2 using the included Paypal module, version 3.2.5.

Suddently this module has stopped working (since a couple weeks ago). Users can go normally thorugh the checkout process, logging in, selecting shipping address, etc. In the step where they can select the payment method (we have CC and Paypal), if they select Paypal they get the message that the attached screenshot shows:

Error occurred:

Please refer to logs:

1. PayPal response:
  2. ->

That's all. The logs don't show anything (PHP logs nor Prestashop logs). Whenever a user gets that error we get an email that says:

Error reporting from your PayPalAPI module   A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report:   PayPal response:
->

The CC module still works fine, we've tested it. We haven't changed ANYTHING in the whole website for months, so we have no idea of what's causing this and of course the error logs don't help much either. The Paypal module info is correct (same its always been without issues).

Can someone help us figure this out?

Thanks in advance!

post-409682-0-80447900-1422908519_thumb.png

We're currently on Prestahop 1.5.2 using the included Paypal module, version 3.2.5.

Suddently this module has stopped working (since a couple weeks ago). Users can go normally thorugh the checkout process, logging in, selecting shipping address, etc. In the step where they can select the payment method (we have CC and Paypal), if they select Paypal they get the message that the attached screenshot shows:

Error occurred:

Please refer to logs:

1. PayPal response:
  2. ->

That's all. The logs don't show anything (PHP logs nor Prestashop logs). Whenever a user gets that error we get an email that says:

Error reporting from your PayPalAPI module   A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report:   PayPal response:

->

The CC module still works fine, we've tested it. We haven't changed ANYTHING in the whole website for months, so we have no idea of what's causing this and of course the error logs don't help much either. The Paypal module info is correct (same its always been without issues).

Can someone help us figure this out?

Thanks in advance!

uninstall/delete your existing paypal module, it is old version and no longer compatible with paypal.

then install the latest paypay eu module from addon's.

uninstall/delete your existing paypal module, it is old version and no longer compatible with paypal.

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Should I install the EU one even if I'm in the US? I see there's a USA, Canada & Mexico version too...

Just installed the US version, the payment worked fine but now I have another problem. With the CC payment module and the previous Paypal module, when the payment is processed a custom module that I created is triggered (it handles something that needs to be sent to the user), showing a modified version of the order confirmation page.

However, with this new Paypal module, after the payment the order confirmation page isn't shown (an thus my custom module isn't triggered), it shows the order history page right away. This works fine if the CC module is used.

How can I make it go back to show the order confirmation page instead of the order history page?

EDIT:

I've tried as suggested here with same results: https://github.com/mollie/Prestashop/issues/3

Edited by albertalbert (see edit history)

Just installed the US version, the payment worked fine but now I have another problem. With the CC payment module and the previous Paypal module, when the payment is processed a custom module that I created is triggered (it handles something that needs to be sent to the user), showing a modified version of the order confirmation page.

However, with this new Paypal module, after the payment the order confirmation page isn't shown (an thus my custom module isn't triggered), it shows the order history page right away. This works fine if the CC module is used.

How can I make it go back to show the order confirmation page instead of the order history page?

EDIT:

I've tried as suggested here with same results: https://github.com/mollie/Prestashop/issues/3

See here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/400161-prestashop-not-sending-customer-details-to-paypal/?p=1948195

Are you sure that the module is working again?

I had exactly the same issue caused by mod_security2 and once it worked fine, but the next time it didn't. Double check so you don't loose clients.

If you're experiecing the issue disable your mod_security and mod_security2 to fix this issue.

To fix all the problems I installed the Paypal EU from the addons store

I was looking into error logs, my hosting was looking into theirs... There was nothing 'strange' When they disabled it to check with other issues everything went back to normal.

If it's not good idea why the official statement from PS is to switch it off, because it could cause issues?

(the issue I had was that when trying to translate the FO it gave me 404 and disabling it solved this problem and the PayPal redirect issue)

I was looking into error logs, my hosting was looking into theirs... There was nothing 'strange' When they disabled it to check with other issues everything went back to normal.

If it's not good idea why the official statement from PS is to switch it off, because it could cause issues?

(the issue I had was that when trying to translate the FO it gave me 404 and disabling it solved this problem and the PayPal redirect issue)

I'm not 'official' ps so I get to say what I think is true.  :)  the reason they state it is because ps does not play well with mod_security, there are apparent efforts to make it do so as webhosting companies use mod_security...well, for security. :)  

that is great news that you resolved it...and that your webserver actually honored the .htaccess disable mod_security this creates not everyone will be so lucky.

My suggestion would be to have hosting explain where the mod_security error messages are going.  This may have helped you resolve the issue without so much guess work.

happy day, hope you sell loads