Paypal payment strange error and no order in BO

keltupresta

Hi to all.

After order confirmation with Paypal, the payment is correctly made but the browser shows blank screen, no order is in the BO and no emails is sent to the customer.

Turning on the debug mode this is what is shown:

Notice: Undefined index: PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPPINGAMT in /var/www/maniacaffe.com/public_html/modules/paypal/paypal_orders.php on line 70

Notice: Undefined variable: payment_type in /var/www/maniacaffe.com/public_html/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php on line 289

Notice: Undefined variable: message in /var/www/maniacaffe.com/public_html/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php on line 289

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PrestaShopException' with message 'Can't load Order status' in /var/www/maniacaffe.com/public_html/classes/PaymentModule.php:174 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/maniacaffe.com/public_html/modules/paypal/paypal.php(1366): PaymentModuleCore->validateOrder(8, 0, 7, 'PayPal', NULL, Array, 1, false, 'b9b73383618d750...', Object(Shop)) #1 /var/www/maniacaffe.com/public_html/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php(290): PayPal->validateOrder(8, NULL, 7, 'PayPal', NULL, Array, 1, false, 'b9b73383618d750...', Object(Shop)) #2 /var/www/maniacaffe.com/public_html/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php(306): validateOrder(Object(Customer), Object(Cart), Object(PaypalExpressCheckout)) #3 {main} thrown in /var/www/maniacaffe.com/public_html/classes/PaymentModule.php on line174

I've searched for days a solution to my problem but anything didn't work. I tried:

- changing folder permissions to 775 (but also to 777)

- changing file permissions to 664 (but also to 666)

- put the url www.maniacaffe.com/modules/paypal/validation.php as IPN in the Paypal option

- uninstalled and deleted the Paypal module 

- checked the website is not in Maintenance Mode

- cleaned cache

Version Prestashop 1.6.0.9 and Paypal 3.8.1

Thanks for your help, this problem drives me crazy.....

Edited by keltupresta (see edit history)

Hi Keltupresta,

Firstly im not a developer, im just another lost soul trying to fix his paypal issue like you. I have a thread on here going over my problem but basicly its the same as yours. 

My developer wont be in until monday so im still waiting, but i would love to know something from you. 

If you go to 

back office > modules > positions > live edit

1) in the live edit screen do you see the paypal module anywhere on any pages? eg in the header? or main content section?

because when i did a fresh install of prestashop, when i looked at the live edit screen, i noticed paypal was hooked in many differents places, homepage etc, this was when paypal was working. After our developer did some work on our site, paypal stopped working and when i looked at the live edit screen again i noticed i cant see paypal anymore on any pages. Can you check if this is similar in your case?

2) Back office > modules > positions > at the top theres a dropdown menu titled ''Show'', is the paypal module showing for you? in the drop down? Because for us, we noticed its not showing as paypal, in the dropdown theres a blank space near the top, if we click that blank space we are then taken to the paypal page, meaning that blank space in the dropdown is for some reason paypal (it should obviously not be a blank space but be displayed as text  ''Paypal'')

3) BAck office > modules > positions > if you locate paypal from the drop down menu, click on it, you are then taking to a page displaying all of the paypal module HOOKS. On that page at the top click the tickbox that says ''display non-positionable hooks''

When you click that does the hook ''displayPaymentReturn'' suddenly appear? 

because for us, when we are looking at the paypal hooks, and we click ''display non-positionable hooks'' the hook ''displaypaymentreturn'' suddenly shows, meaning as of now the paypal module is not hooked into the ''displaypaymentreturn'' section

Im sure this issue we are having is to do with hooks. 

Hi kayb100, thank you for your reply.

Sorry for delay, I tried the whole day to understand the cause of my problem and finally I got it :) 

I think there is a kind of bug in PayPal module for prestashop, in fact when there is a "pending" payment its order status doesn't match with PayPal order status so it's not possible to complete the checkout.

In my case maybe it happens because my account is too new (for example I've not associated a credit card yet or sent the ID) and PayPal responds with a status order different from the one Prestashop expects. I tried with a different PayPal account and it worked without editing the module or the core files at all, so I'm pretty sure this is definitely the cause of my problem. Maybe in some days, after sending the documentation, Paypal will process orders as usual.

I hope you will fix your issue too. Bye!

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I've tried again with 2 different paypal accounts, one business and one personal, and they are both fine working without any setting changes.

Also, one prestashop user wrote me a personal message: he has the same problem and the same message on paypal account, so I am more than ever convinced that the problem is it. I will let you know if the situation will be resolved at the end of this "limbo" in which it seems we are.

Bye