getting started with theme design

Hi,

I would like set up a web shop using prestashop for a client. I'm a complete prestashop noob maybe I should add. However, my client has a specific layout so I would like to theme prestashop to look according to my client's specification. I guess I need to do a bit more then just change the css then. My question is where can I find documentation or a tutorial on how to do this? The only thing I've found so far is this page: http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Themes/ and it doesn't have that much info beside changing the css.

Thanks in advance!

Well changing CSS is of course not sufficient, try changing the images as well in themes/prestashop/img/

If you wish however to have your own personal template, you should start by coying the original to a new name ie "mytemplate", this wil allow you to return to initial state if your CSS and Images are not correct or get corrupted.

As for ready-made templates, some are free some are payable, but none will guarante to be exclusive for your corporate image. Place a bid !, someone will do it for you, if you are lost.