Common color attribute group for filtering

Hi 

We are creating a new shop. We are having many products, and each product have its own color attribute group. each attribute color group have around 30 different colors each, and every color in every group have its own name. So this end up with thousand of colors.

We would like to link each color to a "common" color group with only 12 colors, like main colors for filtering.

So in the layered navigation it should be possible to filter for all red color shades...

We have tried to add this common color group to the combination so it would be a combination of two colors groups. but this isn´t really working.

Does anybody know a workaround for this? Is there any module for this, or is this strictly custom work.?

Its a bit hard to explain, I hope it makes sence. And i hope somebody can help out with a good advice.

Thanks on beforehand.

I have now found a solution to this problem... 

I was thinking if it was possible to add a feature to a combination, then it would possible to make a feature group called "color shades" and then tag them in a each combination.

And after some searching, I found a module that does the trick: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/administration-tools-prestashop-modules/8319-olea-features-combinations.html?search_ab=2

only one little issue, it dosn´t seem to work with "layered navigation module" .. but one step closer..

• 1 year later...

I have a similar need.  We have different color names per product.  For example, one item will have a color "oatmeal" while another will have a color "almond".  We want to use the color filter so that the color "biege" will show these similar colors. 

Anyone found a solution to this?

• 1 month later...

I have a similar need.  We have different color names per product.  For example, one item will have a color "oatmeal" while another will have a color "almond".  We want to use the color filter so that the color "biege" will show these similar colors. 

Anyone found a solution to this?

Same wondering here, could you please give the module name? And have you found a better solution since then ?

Thanks

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...