Hello Everybody.

I use prestashop 1.6.0.9 version. when creating adress In my e-shop was problem.

I filled all fields and required fields as name, surname, adress 1, city, country, mobile phone and adress name for future.

After then when save was error that country id is required. But i selected country (I was one country active). I selected it and try to do it again. But same problem.

My courier is available for all zones.

What may be problem.

Please help us to solve it. It is very important for us NOW.  

Thanks in advance.

Edited by az1000 (see edit history)

Just to clarify, are you referring to filling in the information in creating a new account when checking out in the cart? 

And, if so, you have set all the variables in back office -> localization to the country(ies), etc that you want activated? 

And with all that, when you hit save, you get the error "country id is required"

Not sure how courier availability fits in with that...

@mikewra Thanks for Reply.

When customer buy products with guest checkout no this problem. Customer fill guest checkout fileds, saves informations and next courier selection and payment method. No error Country ID required.

But when customer create new account and add address fields was problem country id required error.

Or customers who have account in shop when they update their address informations same problem too (country id required error).

Please help how to solve it and what may be problems? It is very very important for us  

Thanks in advance.

can you try these two things while re-creating the error?

1) enable error reporting for Prestashop see: http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/prestashop-16/enable-error-reporting

2) use developer tools for your browser:

firefox - click on the 3 bars in upper right hand corner, click on developer, click on browser console

Chrome - click on the 3 bars in the upper right hand corner, hover mouse on More Tools, then click on JavaScript Console

Then report back the errors you find.  I, personally, may not be able to help with the results (i'll try tho) but at least you'll be all that much closer to providing specific information that somebody else may have the knowledge to help you.

Hi,

Just my two cents and fwiw.
What you are seeking by removing the required country ID involves more than just commenting out the field in the tpl file.  If you did that, the information would still be required by the program and it would still generate the error.  So, you'd have to then get into the controllers, classes, etc.  And there may be unexpected downstream errors if other fields have dependencies on what you remove/modify.
There is a similar thread going on now.  https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/396343-removing-or-making-address-fields-optional/?do=findComment&comment=1934847
In that, Bellini13 says "So in the theme files, you can hide those address elements.  But in the controllers and classes, where it would expect an address to exist, that you hard code a random address.  Then in the other areas of Prestashop where the address would be visible (invoice pdf, my account, email templates etc...) you would probably have to hide those elements as well."
It may be far easier and less time-consuming for you to just to hunt down the current error.