Overwriting product combinations with CSV without

I use the CSV import regularly to update prices, images etc for my existing procucts. However, when I upload a combination file to update quantities, it creates new combinations instead of updating the existing ones. For example:

My product has:

Size 7 

Size 8

Size 9

Size 10

If I upload new quantities, I end up with:

Size 7 

Size 8

Size 9

Size 10

Size 7 

Size 8

Size 9

Size 10

So instead of updating, it simply creates new combinations. Any idea how to get around this? I don't want to tick the "delete all combinations" box, as it will erase ALL combinations. Not ideal when I only have a dozen products that need updating!

My PS version is 1.5.6.2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

OK, I solved it already! For anyone else having the same problem, you need to have a value in the "Reference" field, then every time you update, it will overwrite the value you have changed, rather than add another combination.

I have the same problem. I tried your suggestion but it there's a problem. I inputted 2 attributes with 2 values. The first one, overwrite, but the second did not. It duplicates. I don't know why. Please help.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/11/2015 at 10:10 AM, [email protected] said:

Took me a while to see that this is indeed the solution for my problem as I used the field "Product reference" in stead of "Reference" now it all works fine!

Hi, in the import csv page, I have replaced the columns "Reference" with "Product Reference" but I could not to update the combitation references, and the import added new combinations...do you know a way to solve this issue? thank you