Make product "Combinations" actual available products, not just attributes/features?

So, I know how to create features/attributes such as COLOR=RED  and add that as a combination into an existing product.  However, what I can not figure out is how to do this?

I want to make an existing product, let's call it "Product A" say a package of cheese and have possible drop down combinations that the customer can select from the front-end.  THe drop down combinations though need to be other existing products already in our product catalog.  So for example, on Product A's page, there would be a drop-down with the possibility to add "Product B" say a cheese knife or "Product C" say a cheese storage container.

Our warehouse automatically synchronizes all the products in the catalog, so if/when "Product B" is sold-out either by individual purchases or through combination order, it should not be able to be purchased.  

So, how can we do this...make the drop-down selections actual other catalog products that stays synchronized with our inventory rather than manually entering the inventory?  Thanks!