bug when exporting orders to csv

In one prestashop install (but not in a different one), I couldn't export orders to csv. I tracked the issue up to a problem in classes/controller/AdminController.php

public function processExport($text_delimiter = '"')
{...

if (isset($params['callback']))
{
$callback_obj = (isset($params['callback_object'])) ? $params['callback_object'] : $this->context->controller;
$field_value = call_user_func_array(array($callback_obj, $params['callback']), array($field_value, $row));
}

The error came because $params['callback_object'] is not set, and $this->context->controller is not a string, and so call_user_func_array fails. I tried $this->context->controller->className instead of $this->context->controller, but in a concrete example, I found that $this->context->controller->className was 'Order' and $params['callback'] was 'setOrderCurrency', and the call to:
call_user_func_array(array($callback_obj, $params['callback']), array($field_value, $row));
took a valid price and returned an empty string, so I don't see a simple solution that I can propose at github. I don't understand how the whole callback thing works!

Regards!

• 4 weeks later...

A callback, in the context of a list (orders or customers, for instance), is a function meant to alter the display of a value. It can, for instance, replace the active/inactive value (which is either 1 or 0) by an icon. the pdf callback outputs a pdf icon.

Now, the problem, as far as csv export is concerned, is that it will receive, for most callbacks, html instead of a value. Which screws up the export because you'll have html code in your cells.

Solution is to ignore, in the processexport method, the callback param, and just output the raw value.

• 1 year later...