paypal prestashop problem

pimpsmoke

PayPal required merchants to upgrade from SSL 3 to TLS (Transport Layer Services) since 3 Dec 2014 and officially cutting off at midnight Jan 12,2015. Therefore you may have experienced problems connecting to Paypal, even if you have upgraded the SSLv3.0 certificate to TLS certificate, it may not work due to your PayPal module's coding, telling it where to connect to. You can solve this by upgrading to Paypal module 3.8 or just change your current module's coding like I have below.

You'll find the coding in ( public_html/modules/paypal/api/paypal_connect.php )

Coding.pdf

Edited by boobaa (see edit history)
  • Like 2

PayPal required merchants to upgrade from SSL 3 to TLS (Transport Layer Services) since 3 Dec 2014 and officially cutting off at midnight Jan 12,2015. Therefore you may have experienced problems connecting to Paypal, even if you have upgraded the SSLv3.0 certificate to TLS certificate, it may not work due to your PayPal module's coding, telling it where to connect to. You can solve this by upgrading to Paypal module 3.8 or just change your current module's coding like I have below.

You'll find the coding in ( public_html/modules/paypal/api/paypal_connect.php )

Worked a treat, thanks heaps for that!

Edited by digitaldev (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi,

Yesterday I included Hostgator's shared SSL URL in the settings, thinking that it would work nicely. Today my PayPal checkout was not working, just going back to the Home, after loading nothing for a couple of seconds. I have read 'digitaldev' comment above about SSL, so I went back to Prestashop and deleted the shared SSL URL. Now the button works again!

R

in: modules/paypal/api/paypal_connect.php go to line 101 and change:

$ f p = @ f s o c k o p e n ( ' s s l 3 : / / ' . $ h o s t , 4 4 3 , $ e r r n o, $ e r r s t r , 4) ;

for this:

$ f p = @ f s o c k o p e n ( ' t l s : / / ' . $ h o s t , 4 4 3 , $ e r r n o , $ e r r s t r , 4 ) ;

sorry for spaces...

@Javi_Mata

• Like 1

in: modules/paypal/api/paypal_connect.php go to line 101 and change:

$ f p = @ f s o c k o p e n ( ' s s l 3 : / / ' . $ h o s t , 4 4 3 , $ e r r n o, $ e r r s t r , 4) ;

for this:

$ f p = @ f s o c k o p e n ( ' t l s : / / ' . $ h o s t , 4 4 3 , $ e r r n o , $ e r r s t r , 4 ) ;

sorry for spaces...

@Javi_Mata

thanks - you are a crack :-)

• Like 1