Missing sitemap

• 7 months later...

I just need to know : isn't the file "sitemap.xml" empty after you've created it this way ?

If so, it will only serve avoiding the error message from the Advanced Parameters Configuration Information of Prestashop.

If your shop is multilingual, the Google sitemap module of Prestashop will create (i) an index sitemap with a name like "1_index_sitemap.xml" referring to n sitemap files, 1 per language (like 1_fr_0_sitemap.xml, 1_en_0_sitemap.xml, etc.).

Not sure how other crawling systems looking for the "sitemap.xml" file manage the name mismatch if even Prestashop has hard time doing it itself ?

Any clue about what we shall do with this situation ?

I had the problem myself when auditing my site with various SEO audit systems - Thanks

• 4 months later...

I just need to know : isn't the file "sitemap.xml" empty after you've created it this way ?

If so, it will only serve avoiding the error message from the Advanced Parameters Configuration Information of Prestashop.

If your shop is multilingual, the Google sitemap module of Prestashop will create (i) an index sitemap with a name like "1_index_sitemap.xml" referring to n sitemap files, 1 per language (like 1_fr_0_sitemap.xml, 1_en_0_sitemap.xml, etc.).

Not sure how other crawling systems looking for the "sitemap.xml" file manage the name mismatch if even Prestashop has hard time doing it itself ?

Any clue about what we shall do with this situation ?

I had the problem myself when auditing my site with various SEO audit systems - Thanks

Good questions.. Any comment from PrestaShop on this?