[SOLVED] Changing Block Colors

I tried to change the color of one of my Blocks (BlockMyAccount) but ended up messing it up pretty badly. It seemed okay at first, but when the block expanded, there was a different color than the one I wanted (two different colors?). The steps below outline what I did, hopefully someone has had a similar experience and can help?

1. Opened Firebug in FireFox and navigated to the "Cart" module to get the color attributes. The one I wanted to use was #BDC2C9.

2. Using Firebug, identified what CSS line where the color attribute was located (line 971) and changed the color attribute from #F6DCE8 to #BDC2C9 in the global CSS file.

3. Navigated to Prestashop 12.5\themes\prestashop\img and copied the "button-medium.gif" and renamed it "button-account.gif". This overwrites the existing Pink color (I think?).

I thought this would do the trick but did not work. Any bright ideas?

16439_veMUF7R4Z89inB1pr3wP_t

You have to change this files:
- block_bg_myaccount (for changing the the colour of the block),
- block_footer_myaccount,
- block_header_myaccount.

If you just want to change the head of the block, change third file. With the picture (or button) of the same size of course. The same size is for example button in this file: block_header_exclusive.

If you see other colour on the top of the block (not button), you have to resize file block_bg_myaccount. Change the height of the picture: instead of 112 pixels try larger number, but don't change the width of the picture.

I don't know if I understood correctly what you want, but I hope this helps.

If you just want to change the head of the block, change third file. With the picture (or button) of the same size of course. The same size is for example button in this file: block_header_exclusive.

If you see other colour on the top of the block (not button), you have to resize file block_bg_myaccount. Change the height of the picture: instead of 112 pixels try larger number, but don't change the width of the picture.

I tried what you suggested, but still have the same issue the last time I tried this. I've attached a screenshot to show what it looks like now.

16492_lkbUs8BYc5YsugOEQ6cb_t

Okay, I have the block looking good and the way I want it, with one small issue left. The borders on the left and right are still showing pink. I thought i may be the "bg_account.jpg" and made a copy and changed the color, uploaded it and cleared the cache but nothing happened.

Do you know what I'm missing?

16848_eZDUPZsteMw47I74GmvK_t

Hi.
Check your div.myaccount .block_content style, the lines you're interested in are:

border-left: 1px solid #f6dce8;
border-right: 1px solid #f6dce8;

Change #f6dce8 to #595A5E (same as exclusive blocks border-colors).
However, if you're just looking for the exact same look as your cart or specials block, there's an easier way: go to your modules directory, open blockmyaccount folder and locate blockmyaccount.tpl file. Open it, and change:

To:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

sorry, I'm not able to locate the file to change. is it global.css? if yes, which line should I edit to change background color of categories, tags, featured products, and cart blocks? thx b4..