Can't import DB backup in to 1.0.6.9 via PHP myadmin

I've installed version 1.0.6.9 and installed a theme and then added all my products, photos, taxes, zones etc etc in essense job finished. Sadly though the template NaturaShop does not show the date when out of stock products are showing. I was asked to see if the default template showed the date so I changed the theme to the default and checked, yes it does appear in the default theme.

I then changed the theme back to NaturaShop but what happened then is that all sorts of modules were enabled and it completely screwed the site - thankfully though I did a db backup before faffing.

Reinstalled everything and went to import the db via phpmyadmin and whallop - will not import.

It says it's imported and the DB is populated but I just get error 500 when you go to the shop i.e. locked out.

I have tried changing the pass in the DB = no effect.

Just can't get in

I've wasted 10 days over Christmas on this and it all seems to be for nothing.

This software is crap if you can't even rely on a backup - what's the point making a backup if you can't put it back! It seems if you use this on a live site you may very well end up loosing all your work, customers and products DB