fixing manual order and setting up download product for this order

durangodave

Hi,

I decided since i had no orders for 3 months now to run thru the order process using a relatives cc with permission of course.

The order process went perfect until i returned from the paypal sale and then it all fell apart.  I showed no order placed, nothing at all but yet the payment went thru in paypal.

I only do download products so what i was expecting is to see a download page for the product i just bought.  But it showed nothing, not even the order itself.

So after a bit of investigation i found a message that said that one of my products was out of stock.  I do remember turning stock managment off.  When i checked (and turned it back on) i discovered that for this product (actually all my products) i had 500 items listed as avail but i also had deny order if out of stock.

I assume that since i had it set to deny for out of stock, when i disabled stock management then the deny became default.  Thats all i can figure what happened here.

So i turned stock management back on, set it to approve on out of stock and made sure it was set to 500 on hand.

So if you understand what im saying here, i need to know:

1. am i correct as to what happened?  The system did not have stock management enabled and since it was set to deny it set that as default even with it being disabled which prevented the order from processing on the return from paypal (even though the ppal payment went thru).

2. leaving stock management enabled and even advanced stock management enabled, setting it to 500 on hand and then setting it to approve on out of stock should fix the issue for next order correct?

3. Now that the order shows in the system ( i manually added it) how do i trigger the download for the product to be downloaded by the customer manually.  I need to give the customer a way to look at the order and download the product now, but there is no link to download on the order page. The order is set to payment accepted.

Edited by durangodave (see edit history)

im  assuming since no reply there is no way to add a download to a customers account after the sale, is this true?

I had another customer try to place an order today and i ask them to let me know the issue.  Here is their message to me. 

> Hi Dave,
>
> Happy new year!
>
> Yes, after paying, I was redirected to the account page and it said no
> order existed.

> Thankfully you emailed the zip before I had to email you.

So what could be the issue, why does it not let them download or see the order?  I just had to create the order manually and mark it as payment received because i received the payment.  But there was no order and now download process for the customer. 

domain is www.durangodaves.com

i think i found the problem, i decided to go into every item on the admin listing menu and search for stuff that might have something to do with this.  And wouldnt you know it, when i got to product and checked my virtual product it was gone.   To be clear the product is there but all the files i assigned for the download for each are all gone.

I know i added a virtual product download to every one of these when i set them up, but somehow they are all gone, how is that possible?  What could have removed them, an update?

I suspect when i turned off product management that it zapped all my DL files.... wow