link to module in admin

socode

Hi everybody,

This is my first time working with Prestashop, and so far it's going great! However, there is one thing I can't figure out: how to put a direct link to a specific installed module in the menu on the left in Prestashop admin. The URL to the module is as following: 

index.php?controller=AdminModules&token=xxx&configure=homeslider&tab_module=front_office_features&module_name=homeslider

This is what I've tried:

1. In Administration > Menus, I added a menu with name: Homeslider, class: AdminModules and module: homeslider. Now a menu was created, but when I click it, it says: Controller not found. Also when I click Modules > Modules now the same message Controller not found shows up.

2. I've tried creating my own AdminController, and redirect to the URL in this controller. So in /controllers/admin I created the file AdminSchomepageController.php. This is the content of the file:

<?php

class AdminSchomepageController extends AdminController
{

public function __construct()
	{
    		parent::__construct();
	}

public function initContent()
        {
		// index.php?controller=AdminModules&token=xxx&configure=homeslider&tab_module=front_office_features&module_name=homeslider
		$url  = 'index.php?controller=AdminModules';
		$url .= '&token='.Tools::getAdminTokenLite('AdminModules');
		$url .= '&configure=homeslider&tab_module=front_office_features&module_name=homeslider';
		Tools::redirectAdmin($url);

}

}

Then I edited the menu I created, putting in class: AdminSchomepage and emptying the field module. I save it, but now when I click the menu item it shows a white screen, no error message.

These are the methods I tried, but I had no luck so far. Can anyone show me how it can be done?

• 6 months later...