To move from one host to another one you need :

1. copy all files from oldHost to your HD
2. copy all files from HD to newHost
3. create new db on newHost
4. create db user on newHost with all needed rights
5. edit settings.inc in config directory with new parameters
6. export all mysql data from oldHost in sql format
7. import all mysql data to newHost
8. acces to newHost/adminXXXX and change Shop domain and SSL Domain to newDomain in Preferences->Seo&URLs
  • Like 1

To move from one host to another one you need :

1. copy all files from oldHost to your HD
2. copy all files from HD to newHost
3. create new db on newHost
4. create db user on newHost with all needed rights
5. edit settings.inc in config directory with new parameters
6. export all mysql data from oldHost in sql format
7. import all mysql data to newHost
8. acces to newHost/adminXXXX and change Shop domain and SSL Domain to newDomain in Preferences->Seo&URLs

Thank you is just, i just need to move data  as orders, clients, category an so,  not modules or customizations. 

In that case you need to: 

1.export from oldDB only mysql tables (clients, orders, category, products, etc..) 

2. import to newDB

or

Do full migration (my first post) and then delete the customizations you don't need

I try that but got many errors.  and How do I export oldDB mysql tables?

I try that but got many errors.  and How do I export oldDB mysql tables?

In that case you need to: 

1.export from oldDB only mysql tables (clients, orders, category, products, etc..) 

2. import to newDB

or

Do full migration (my first post) and then delete the customizations you don't need

from fpt?  just can´t find data

Yes, export will copy all data from your database, no deletion or modification

Thank you!  I  think i have,  when i do a back up  is the same right?   i can use fil

Its not from FTP, its from phpmyadmin, 

You need to select the database on left, then export tab, then choose custom and select tables you want export

il try to export,  but is the same as when you do a backup?

Edited by Marthatpv (see edit history)

Yes, its almost the same, the prestashop backup is saving all database data (including modules data)

thank you very much your a big help!  i did but it said  go but go where?  where is the info is saved?   Sorry i really new to this.  i will do a back up and see if I can get the tables i need from there.  

Merry Xmas!!

What version of prestashop you have?

Normally the backup is stored in the folder admin/backups/xxxxxx.sql.bz2

For your information this is what recomended by prestashop:

How to restore a database backup in 10 easy steps

1. Set "Enable Shop" to "No" in the "Maintenance" page under the "Preferences" menu.
  2. Download the backup from the list below or from your FTP server (in the folder "admin/backups").
  3. Check the backup integrity: Look for errors, incomplete file, etc... Be sure to verify all of your data.
  4. Please ask your hosting provider for "phpMyAdmin" access to your database.
  5. Connect to "phpMyAdmin" and select your current database.
  6. Unless you enabled the "Drop existing tables" option, you must delete all tables from your current database.
  7. At the top of the screen, please select the "Import" tab
  8. Click on the "Browse" button and select the backup file from your hard drive.
  9. Check the maximum filesize allowed (e.g. Max: 16MB)
    If your backup file exceeds this limit, contact your hosting provider for assistance.
  10. Click on the "Go" button and please wait patiently for the import process to conclude. This may take several minutes

you need to do this on the newHost

thanks, merry xmas you too

Edited by mkdavid1 (see edit history)

1. Set "Enable Shop" to "No" in the "Maintenance" page under the "Preferences" menu.
  2. Download the backup from the list below or from your FTP server (in the folder "admin/backups").
  3. Check the backup integrity: Look for errors, incomplete file, etc... Be sure to verify all of your data.
  6. Unless you enabled the "Drop existing tables" option, you must delete all tables from your current database.
  8. Click on the "Browse" button and select the backup file from your hard drive.

If your backup file exceeds this limit, contact your hosting provider for assistance.

10. Click on the "Go" button and please wait patiently for the import process to conclude. This may take several minutes

1.4   that´s why i need to change.   when i was doing the export phpmyadmin  it said go after selected tables i wanted, also if ask for option to comprised  but i see no option to select where to saved it so i didn´t  do it.  ill wait to back up via prestashop and host  to do it again in case.  

thanks, merry xmas you too

Thank you again,  i did all ok,  just got last question,  when you do import to newweb via phpmydamin  do i need to create a data base?   as  only i want part of the info,  can i upload via import cvs in the prestashop admin panel?  its just not sure how it will work if i create a new data base , import table needed.  But if i drop the currente  table e.g ps_customer   like my old version ps and the new one have different fields ?  also in the orders  i notice different info.  what do you suggest is the best way to go.

in my sql prestashop should i create a new user and database?  or i will be created by default ?

Yes off course you need to create new database otherwise you can not import

If you want to upgrade  from 1.4 to 1.6, there is many differences in database structure

So I advise you to do antoher way:

1. You need to migrate your old website on localhost (use wampserver)

2. Download and install the prestashop's 1clic upgrade moduel

3. Delete customizations you don't need

4. Upgrade to 1.6

5. Check and fix error if any

6. Migrate to the newHost

Edited by mkdavid1 (see edit history)