Logout Page Redirect to Thank You (Custom Page)

aguha2050

Hello devs,

I am new to Prestashop, I want to redirect customers when they logout to a "Thank You" Custom Page.

Is there any way to do that? I'm sure there is, just need your help.

I'm using prestashop v1.6.0.9, deafult prestashop theme.

Thanks a lot...

Hi,

I believe if you create an override for customer.php class (in the /override folder) with a single copy of mylogout() function

you can add this line to the end of that function after:

$this->logged = 0;

Tools::redirect('/path_to_your_custom_page');

• Like 1

Hi!

The easiest way to do this is as follows.

Go to Translations and select Translations of installed modules.
Now look up the DEFAULT BOOTSTRAP - CONFIRMATION Here you will find: For any questions or for further information, please contact our ...

You can now enter the PRE (For any questions or for further information, please contact OUR), for example, Thank you for your order. The end result may look like the type like this

Thank you for your order! For any questions or for further information, please contact our customer service.

This is just one example. You understand now what you can do and how to do it.

Best regards

MacRoy

post-413956-0-33791500-1419184142_thumb.jpg

Edited by MacRoy (see edit history)

assuming that you have a custom 'Thank you' CMS page, you can add the single line, mentioned before to mylogout() function in CustomerCore class.

You can either modify the core class directly in /classes/customer.php file or create an override of this class (to be able to update your prestashop version and still preserve the changes you made).  Look up how to create an override elsewhere and see if that's the route you'd like to take.  You only need to include the functions you change in your override class.

This should work regardless of whether an order was placed or not. 

Edited by eontech (see edit history)
  • Like 1

assuming that you have a custom 'Thank you' CMS page, you can add the single line, mentioned before to mylogout() function in CustomerCore class.

You can either modify the core class directly in /classes/customer.php file or create an override of this class (to be able to update your prestashop version and still preserve the changes you made).  Look up how to create an override elsewhere and see if that's the route you'd like to take.  The only need to include the functions you change in your override class.

This should work regardless of whether an order was placed or not. 

Hi,

I believe if you create an override for customer.php class (in the /override folder) with a single copy of mylogout() function

you can add this line to the end of that function after:

$this->logged = 0;

Tools::redirect('/path_to_your_custom_page');

Thanks a lot jesus (eontech) :D

I got it working with little bit of practical knowledge..

This is for all future visitor >

open classes/customer.php

press cntrl+f and search for   mylogout()

copy pase this code >>>  Tools::redirect('/path_to_your_custom_page');  next to $this->logged = 0; (which is already there in customer.php)

replace "/path_to_your_custom_page"  with your full custom page link.. (yes full link, along with domain, else it will just redirect to home page.)

Cheers B)

Edited by aguha2050 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Glad to hear you got it working.  

You may still want to look into how to do the same thing using overrides to stop any future version upgrades from over-writing your changes.

At any rate, it will be useful if you marked this as solved as described here:

Serge

• 1 year later...