Cart Block not working correctly 1.6.0.9

dodgebill

I am having a problem with one of my stores. The cart block is no showing items in the cart when you are looking at a product page but it does work on a product list page. This is using the default theme bootstrap and 1.6.0.9. Ajax turned on or off is no difference.

If you add an item it works just fine, updates and shows the item in the cart. Go to another category and it shows up just fine. Click on a product and it shows empty. If you refresh the page it will show up. If you add another item it shows up and everything is in the cart. It just does not work on the first page load on a product page.

It's weird because I have the same exact version of Prestashop and same theme on another site and account (same server) and it works just fine.

Any ideas? I have been getting several complaints about this from customers.

Site is (NSFW, lingerie store) http://www.cutenkinky.com

Hi all,

I have similar problem and it drives me crazy. Cart works just fine for some customers and for some not; it is impossible to add more than one product. Even with one product, cart is empty at checkout.

Occasionally it starts working after some clicks to “Add to cart” button, occasionally not.

I’ve searched in forums and already tried the following:

-       Changed shop domain in SEO&URLs settings from merletti.si to www.merletti.si

-       Cleared cache several times

-       Cleared ps_connections* tables in DB several times

I didn’t try to switch off ajax or SEO friendly URLs since several people did this without success.

Is somewhere a list of possible reasons and a solution that works for sure? Since, like somebody already wrote, it does not make sense to have a store where people can’t buy.

Many thanks for solution!

• 4 weeks later...

Still having a problem with this. I was wondering, my host seems to have me on some sort of caching or something. Could that be causing this problem? It takes about 2 minutes for any changes I make to the site to show up so that makes me think it's caching. I have the caching feature turned off in the back end.

Bill

It stopped working about an hour after this fix. This still does not work. I updated the cart block, checked the database, upgraded to 16.0.11 and STILL does not work for me. Anybody have any ideas? I'm about to give up and switch back to Cubecart.....

Site again is http://www.cutenkinky.com (may not be safe for work, depends where you work I guess....)