How changing url affects to SEO

mfernandezros

Hello

I have to change my webpages url to be more seo friendly

I have change it already and the webmasters tools told me now that i have twice errors of

- duplicate metadescription

- duplicate title tags

The questions are

- If i delete the old urls from the webmasters tools, how does it affect to the google positioning that they have ( because the have been alive for more than a year)??

- How do you recommend me to procced??

Thank you in advance

miquel

Hello mfernandezros,

in reality with Prestahsop you need only the ids of the urls to get the right product page but you could use (if you don't have too many urls) Redirect 301 directives in your .htaccess to mantain the value !

Christopher

Hi Christopher

Prestashop redirects the old url to the new ones, so i have no problem with that, even with my 800 products

The question i have in my case, changin the urls as i wanna do is

- the old pages are the best indexed on google,

- but i will have to delete from the webmasters tools because the give me the "duplicate metadescription" and "duplicate title tags" errors

- Is there any form to mantain the positioning (of  the best indexed all pages) and do no be affected by those duplicate content errors

Thank you again for your time

miquel

- but i will have to delete from the webmasters tools because the give me the "duplicate metadescription" and "duplicate title tags" errors

- Is there any form to mantain the positioning (of  the best indexed all pages) and do no be affected by those duplicate content errors

Wait for few weeks. It will gradually decreasing.

Usually between 3-4 days, the numbers will decrease till hit zero dup.