Overwrite Cart updateQty method problem

Kirnau

Hi,

I want to override the updateQty method in Cart class.

So I've made a file Cart.php in override/classes.

<?php

Class Cart extends CartCore {

public function updateQty($quantity, $id_product, $id_product_attribute = null, $id_customization = false, $operator = 'up', $id_address_delivery = 0, Shop $shop = null, $auto_add_cart_rule = true) {
        parent::updateQty($quantity, $id_product, $id_product_attribute, $id_customization, $operator, $id_address_delivery, $shop, $auto_add_cart_rule);
        // custom code in future
    }
}

Now I have the problem if I want to add an article to cart, I always get an notification that the max quantity for this article already reached.

If I comment out the method, the product will add to cart normally.

Can somebody explain me where is the failure and why this message occurs and how to make this overwrite method working?

Thank you.

Hi,

I want to override the updateQty method in Cart class.

So I've made a file Cart.php in override/classes.

<?php

public function updateQty($quantity, $id_product, $id_product_attribute = null, $id_customization = false, $operator = 'up', $id_address_delivery = 0, Shop $shop = null, $auto_add_cart_rule = true) {
        parent::updateQty($quantity, $id_product, $id_product_attribute, $id_customization, $operator, $id_address_delivery, $shop, $auto_add_cart_rule);
        // custom code in future
    }
}

Now I have the problem if I want to add an article to cart, I always get an notification that the max quantity for this article already reached.

If I comment out the method, the product will add to cart normally.

Can somebody explain me where is the failure and why this message occurs and how to make this overwrite method working?

Thank you.

Can you please use this

<?php

parent::updateQty();
        // custom code in future
    }
}