Huge traffic drop since going live.

garyjj127

I launched a Prestashop store in mid November to replace our massively outdated software, and have diligently ensured that I have all seo tags where they need to be, and also ensured that redirects are in place for the old pages. In addition to that, I have also implemented microdata in the product pages, and made sure the site performs well speed wise.

However, My traffic has dropped by over 70% since the migration! It dropped initially after the first few days, and then plunged this week (this seems to have coincided with enabling the mobile theme, so I have now disabled it).

Is this normal behaviour? I have heard that it can sometimes take a few weeks to recover lost traffic after a migration, but just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced anything similar, especially with the mobile theme.

I'm using 1.5.6.2

Many thanks!

Hi Lanski

No, not an old prestashop store. We had a store using Get Trolleyed software that was about 10 years old.

The URL's have changed, and I have ensured that 301 redirects are in place for all the old URL's.

I have heard that it can take some time for rankings to return.

• 1 month later...

I moved one website too. All the URLs changed. I redirected all of them to homepage.This will give you idea weekly clicks;
2200 clicks
954 - moved this week 2days closed
after that it gets higher slowly every week

This information belong to my customer website that i moved. Date: 3 years ago. So it should high rank better if you give your customers better experience. But if you made some blackhat seo and weird stuff you should be afraid. If your website is clean, nothing to worry about. 

Is your website closed too long while you were moving (like more than 3 days) If so, this may the reason as well. 

Edited by türker (see edit history)