Bug under chrome padlock broken

The problem of the broken padlock with Google Chrome has nothing to do with Prestashop.

The problem is with your certificate. As far as I can guess, you are using a certificate from GeoTrust, included in a 1and1 Unlimited Hosting package, right ? Problem : these certificates use SHA-1 cypher encryption, which is totally out-dated. Google has decided to drop SHA-1 support in the next monthes, and has begun to show a broken padlock in Chrome-dev when such a certificate is detected. Next step : use this broken padlock in Chrome-beta, then in a few weeks, in Chrome vanilla.

So if you are hosted by 1and1, ask them to generate new certificates.

I have this problem too, with my website hosted by 1and1, (Unlimited Linux Hosting package), and I already have asked them, on Twitter, for a new certificate. Their answer was : "Buy a dedicaced 1and1 server, and you will be free to manage your certificates by yourself". This is the polite words for "Go to hell, you cheap webmaster", I suppose…

Edited by Orphee (see edit history)

Merci mais a priori 1&1 indique que c'est chrome qui a un soucis, que google sait est travaille à réparer avec une nouvelle version sous peu. Voilà. A quel saint se vouer

Faux et archi-faux.

Google a officiellement communiqué sur leur abandon des certificats signés en SHA-1 :

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.fr/2014/09/gradually-sunsetting-sha-1.html

et une très bonne analyse ici : https://konklone.com/post/why-google-is-hurrying-the-web-to-kill-sha-1

1and1 ment, et il FAUT exiger qu'ils nous mettent à jour nos certificats, sinon les gens vont mettre en doute les boutiques.

Je vais bientôt commencer à les harceler sur Twitter avec cette question.