Turning off the mobile version of the Bootstrap default theme on 1.6.0.9 not working

Petr Smetala

Hello,

I want to absolutely turn off mobile/table versions. I want the same contect in the same form on all devices. I have PrestaShop 1.6.0.9 and the default Bootstrap theme.

I went to Preferences -> Theme -> Mobile and in the field "Enable the mobile theme" I selected "I'd like to disable it.". And clicked Save button. I got confirmation that "Settings have been successfully updated.

But the web on my mobile devices (iPhone 5 and tablet with Android) don't show the same content. On iPhone it is completely different and on Android tablet it misses (doesn't show) the "Custom CMS information block module" at all + some other minor issues (such as if I click on the product page "Show larger image", it acctually show a way smaller :-)

There will be needed lot of changes in the code to make the theme work on mobile so I prefer to switch it off completely.

How to do it?

PS: I attached the htaccess (had to rename it a little to be able to upload it). I don't see any redirection in it (I may see wrong).

Also I checked that other webs running on the same server do not show a mobile version so it shouldn't do the Hosting provider.

Please help.

htaccess.txt

Edited by Petr Smetala (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I want to absolutely turn off mobile/table versions. I want the same contect in the same form on all devices. I have PrestaShop 1.6.0.9 and the default Bootstrap theme.

I went to Preferences -> Theme -> Mobile and in the field "Enable the mobile theme" I selected "I'd like to disable it.". And clicked Save button. I got confirmation that "Settings have been successfully updated.

But the web on my mobile devices (iPhone 5 and tablet with Android) don't show the same content. On iPhone it is completely different and on Android tablet it misses (doesn't show) the "Custom CMS information block module" at all + some other minor issues (such as if I click on the product page "Show larger image", it acctually show a way smaller :-)

There will be needed lot of changes in the code to make the theme work on mobile so I prefer to switch it off completely.

How to do it?

PS: I attached the htaccess (had to rename it a little to be able to upload it). I don't see any redirection in it (I may see wrong).

Also I checked that other webs running on the same server do not show a mobile version so it shouldn't do the Hosting provider.

Please help.

Somebody please help ... :-(

• 1 year later...

After saving that option you mentioned you don't need the mobile theme just go in the back end at Advanced Parameters -> Performance and check Forced Compilation and set Cache to No then click Save. After that check again Never Recompile Files and set Cache to yes and save again ... this should make it work now.