Search/filter products on features (possible i layered navigation block?)

Hi there,

Is it possible to search (or filter) products on its product features (NOT attributes), like color, height, time of blossoming (we sell flowers). I tried it with the Layered navigation block (catalogue) in left column but only find filters like price, stock, weight, and attribute.. I might be missing something, or do I need patching code/or another module?

Help is appreciated!

Jan

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

Is it possible to search (or filter) products on its product features (NOT attributes), like color, height, time of blossoming (we sell flowers). I tried it with the Layered navigation block (catalogue) in left column but only find filters like price, stock, weight, and attribute.. I might be missing something, or do I need patching code/or another module?

Help is appreciated!

Jan

Off course you just need to enable the features needen for filters in the layered module in the corresponding filters template.

The module works like this: you have templates that are applied for different sets of categories. For each template you can select what filters you want to display (the common ones, features and attributes) and how and in which order.

When you enable the layered module you get a defaut template applied to all your categories with just the common stuff enabled (like price, condition, manufacturer). You could edit that template and select to display your desired features or you can delete it and create new ones for sets of categories.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Update

We're now using Algolia hosted search for this.  We found that we needed it to manage all the features of our 45,000 products, plus have the search be quick enough.  Highly recommend the PS Algolia module from Designhaus 42.

You'll still need the multiple features module to create the feature values.