URGENT Upgrading SSL3.0 to TLS of PAYPAL

Hi,

I'm using prestashop 1.4.4.1 for my web store www.waterfilterforfridge.com.au and I'm using Paypal as the payment system for my online store.

However, they will disable the SSL 3.0 in December and I need to update SSL3.0 to TLS.

I read through forums and found out that there are 2 ways to solve this problem.

option #1. wait for the new version of paypal to be released (released on tuesday 18th november)

option #2. manually develop your older version of paypal to TLS.

I'm not a developer, so I avoid going through option #2, even with any guides provided with paypal. (they provided with pdf file guide lines but I have no knowledge in developing modules.)

Therefore I've waited the new version of paypal module to release and they only released the EUROPE version of paypal (3.8.0).

My webstore is based in Australia (Oceania) and if I use the Europe version of Paypal 3.8.0, I was told by Paypal that I may have to provide necessary information like your Australia account in order to verify my account. In example Social numbers, Confirm my bank account and others.

They said it's best to contact Prestashop, as the module was prepared by Prestashop.

I was wondering if they are going to release the module for Australia (Oceania) soon? or What are my options now?

Can anybody advice me?

Thanks.

Regards,

Reina.

• Like 1

Hi and thanks Dominic,

I read that post and it sounded promising - then I did a search in the module files to double check and I think it might affect the Australian PayPal module actually.

We are using PrestaShop 1.5.4.1 with PayPal module 3.6.

On line 84 of modules\paypal\api\paypal_connect.php I can see:

@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3);

I think that is the code in question.

• Like 1

Hi and thanks Dominic,

I read that post and it sounded promising - then I did a search in the module files to double check and I think it might affect the Australian PayPal module actually.

We are using PrestaShop 1.5.4.1 with PayPal module 3.6.

On line 84 of modules\paypal\api\paypal_connect.php I can see:

@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3);

I think that is the code in question.

Yeah I think you could be right bud, try sticking the above post in the pinned paypal thread at the top and see what the [spam-filter]'s say but I think that is the line of code in question and if it is that is the line you will need to change.

Thanks Dominic, I actually did that after posting my initial reply to your post so I will see what they say in that thread. I will report back when I hear.

Why is it with PrestaShop that so many core files need little hacks? And that it seems accepted by the user community that hacks go hand in hand with using PrestaShop? The more hacks an install has, the harder it is to upgrade to the latest version. And the more hacks needed, the more questions I have over PrestaShop.

Edited by sunnyb0y (see edit history)

There are only 2 Paypal modules that were developed and provided by Prestashop

1) Paypal, otherwise known as Paypal Europe.

2) Paypal USA, Canada, Mexico

You are using Paypal 'Europe', so just upgrade to v3.8.1. 

There is a Paypal forum here that you should be reading

According to Bellini13 from this thread, there are only 2 Paypal modules that were developed and provided by Prestashop:

1) Paypal, otherwise known as Paypal Europe. (this is the one used in Australia)

2) Paypal USA, Canada, Mexico

So upgrading PayPal 'Europe' is apparently the solution for Australian PrestaShops.

You can download the latest version from the PrestaShop Addons site here:

http://addons.presta...748-paypal.html

Hope that helps.