Product Reference numbers not updating on live shop

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on how to fix the following:

My store is live, it sells babies clothing in a range of colours and sizing. When I initially added my products, I did a lot of them under one product reference number. Later on I broke some of these down into size brackets to make shopping for the customer easier, by duplicating the product then changing the reference number on the duplicate to a new number.

e.g. Booties, had two sizes, so duplicated it, kept one size with the original reference and added a new reference for the second size.

The problem is that although it seems fine on the back office product pages, the store hasn't altered from the original reference I put in. I had a customer purchase an item and I noticed the reference on the back office order was incorrect, however when I click on the product line it takes me to the back office product page with the correct number.

I have tried deleting the number, saving it with no reference, then adding the reference back and saving it again, but nothing has altered in the store.

Obviously deleting products from my shop entirely to then re-load them would take a huge amount of time, is there any other way to solve this? I am using 1.6.0.8 with Simplio theme installed.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...