Strange behaviour when reconfigure the email

hello all please help with my strange email configuration,
the problem i recognize when i upload to the real hosting server.
the first time i deploy prestashop system is in the localhost. so i use phpMail for the first time configuration.

after i uploaded in hosting server, i try to reconfigured it with SMTP server. i have try my email SMTP account with outlook express and it works. so there is no problem with the account.

when i try to set it to smtp server, i set it my email shop with the same username of smtp setting. (i found this tips in this forum but not working at all). if i use this setting, when i try send an email from front office (with contact us or send to a friend) after i click send the page directly send me to HOME not the confirmation that i have done with the sending email.

so i change back with phpMail() configuration. but i change my email with my new email in my hosting. for example i use "[email protected]". i set it to shop email configuration. when i not change the email setting of SMTP username otherwise i still use phpMail() the email never send!. so i must change it too (maybe it's a bug).

and then i try the contact US form. for make sure all work properly. (for the default i use example : [email protected])
so webmaster and customer service set it with [email protected] for default too.

when i not change it, and this contact still in [email protected]; the email never send it to [email protected]. i have try 10 times each contact. (i try so much time to insure that the phpMail work some times or maybe the php mail is not work consistent) but the email never send. so i try to another email. first i try a gmail email for customer service and webmaster to my email hosting that i set to email shop ([email protected]). the email to gmail never send to my gmail account. but i received the email from my email hosting ([email protected]) so fast.

i very confused with this email strange behaviour. so i try to send an email with send a friend form to my gmail account. i get it now. i try email password reminder with email in gmail and i received it too.

so i wanna ask you, is this problem normal? or it;s just happend to me?
if it's normal and happened to you contact with only an store email account, i think it's not optimal setting at all. i think customer service and webmaster will be seperate person definetly. and the customer service maybe not the owner of site.

and then why you not give us a user friendly email setting. do not give a big some must to do like this. email in web store is ver important.

and how about the SMTP server configuration. i have try too to set a SMTP server configuration in first installation but the installation stop and never continue if i use SMTP and not phpMail.

please some one give me some problem soving with email configuration. cause i very confused with this strange email configuration. if it;s a bug please someone give me some solution to solve this problem.

all developer prestashop please read and consider with my problem. i think it's a simple but urgent.

thx for read and your consideration. please reply if you can solve it and please let us know.

budi

(i'm sorry if my english not good)

i do not know is this problem just with me? or some people do not recognize this problem with their presta?
i got several clue for this forum.
the clue is use swift mail framework tool that is in the old prestashop. 1.1 version
i use it. and smtp can work properly and different email employee can receive email.
but some strange behaviour still there. like you must use username and email shop with exactly the same :(
another problem i do not test again cause i still have problem in my SEO of this presta...

Unfortunately looks like many people have the same problem.
Unfortunately we are helpless. there is no solution in sight.
I will wait two more days and them I am going for another cart.
With this email function issue prestashop is useless.
Thanks

i do not why the developer doesn't fix this seriously.
i have to try by my self. i serching trough this forum... someone have solve this (some fix and just email works with some unique conditional)
they said to use swift framework that use in presta 1.1 version. i try it and works. i can use smtp email. but i do not try any further to check how email going work perfectly. i just check the contact with different email works. and i can use smtp email.

i have already try to use swift framework for the real original framework site. but not working either.
i do not know why. maybe presta's developer hack some code in original or there must some setting before use.
i do not know exactly reason and i do not have any time to check it.

but i told you, delete the swift framework from folder tools->swift
and replace it with swift from presta 1.1 version
try your email. i think it will works normal.

if your email cannot works either try to check the username of your email account and the contact store email. this must be the same (just in case not works after changing swift framework

my experiment until this. after that i do not know.

budi

• 6 months later...