[SOLVED] Translations Not Showning After Saving But Added To Language File

krasny

Hi everybody,

I have 3 different PS instances on 2 different hostings. Two of them are 1.6.0.9 and one is 1.6.0.8 and all 3 suffer from same problem.

When I translate string in module or front-end translation it saves new data to translation file in the filesystem correctly however new translation does not show up in the translation interface - sometimes it takes 2-4 refreshs of page before new translations are shown. All caches are disabled.

Anybody facing same issue or have idea what can be the cause? Thank you in advance! Have a nice day.

Edited by krasny (see edit history)

Most likely browser cache. Or any other kind of cache. Since the strings appears after a few loads it must be a cache thing. Turn all Perfomance Options in Backoffice off and Force compile. Also could be a cache layer above prestashop your server might has installed.  Make sure you open with an empty browser cache.

Hello,

it is not the case. I tried from 5 different pc and locations. Disabled and cleaned PS cache, disabled opcache but problem persists. Reinstalled PS on of the servers and result is same. No matter what language I am translating. One PS instance is on a2hosting ssd reseller shared hosting and 2 other on our own dedicated. Same result.

Moreover enabling debuging does not help as there is no error. It seems like there is different layer of cache involved? Maybe browser is in the game? Anyway I am able to reproduce this error in IE, Chrome and FF.

Any other idea how to troubleshoot such issue?

Other ideas: Cloudserver, CDN or 3rd Party cachemodule or even bigger ISP caching. I mean, since you say it definitely shows up in the front office after a few refresh in the browser, it must be something like this. Prestashop wont hold these changes back. You change the file, you save it, you reload the page and the change is visible. At least as long as the page is not loaded from any kind of cache.