Renaming the admin directory

Hello,

During the install of Prestashop my store was assigned an admin directory. It is /adminXXX (x is random numbers). I would like to rename my admin directory to a sting of completely random characters for security purposes.

Before I try and do this can someone outline the proper way of doing so? I'm afraid of just renaming the admin directory via FTP and then things not working afterwards. Has anyone successfully renamed their admin directory after their store was already installed and running? Did it affect anything with modules, settings, themes, etc?

Thank you in advanced for the help!

Hello,

During the install of Prestashop my store was assigned an admin directory. It is /adminXXX (x is random numbers). I would like to rename my admin directory to a sting of completely random characters for security purposes.

Before I try and do this can someone outline the proper way of doing so? I'm afraid of just renaming the admin directory via FTP and then things not working afterwards. Has anyone successfully renamed their admin directory after their store was already installed and running? Did it affect anything with modules, settings, themes, etc?

Thank you in advanced for the help!

just simple change the adminXXX directory in your FTP folder. I tried this before. But prestashop does not accept the name "admin"

just simple change the adminXXX directory in your FTP folder. I tried this before. But prestashop does not accept the name "admin"

I don't plan on using the word "admin" anywhere in the directories name. So I just simply rename the directory via FTP? This won't break any links or cause any issues?