Multi Store with 2 different domains!

BZZYBI

I need some advise 

In my WHM i have created an account example www.RetailDemoDomain.com and prestashop 1.6.0.9 installed. With this one installation i have created 3 stores I am hopping to achieve the following websites

Store 1 - A T-shirts retail store 

www.RetailDemoDomain.com

Store 2 - A T-shirts wholesale store 

www.WholesaleDemoDomian.com

Store 3  - A T-shirts wholesale store 

subdomain.WholesaleDemoDomian.com

Store 1 has its own theme and is for retails customers only

Store 2 and 3  shares the same theme (but different from store1) and is for wholesale B2B customers only.

All these stores are now ready populated and basally ready to go live. BUT I am having problems with setting up the URLs.

Store 1 www.RetailDemoDomain.com seems to be working, I think its because the domain is matching the WHM account and the Physical URL in prestashop is set to  /

Store 2 and Store 3 is giving me problems. when I type in the domain name www.WholesaleDemoDomian.com or subdomain.WholesaleDemoDomian.com I keep getting redirected to the default Cpanel, Sorry Page cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi 

The Physical URL in prestashop is also set to  /

I think the problem is being I am using a completely different domain name prestashop is not finding the installation. When I change the Physical URL in prestashop and set it to example:  /~sample/ it does start working but I do not think customers are going to stay typing /~sample/ at the end of the domain name. So this method will not work for me .. 

Anybody know how I should set this up?

Does prestashop allow the use of different domains for the different stores?  or do I need to create a new account in WHM and install prestashop again for www.WholesaleDemoDomian.com (Store 2 and 3)?

Do I need or can I make some changes to the DNS Zone in WHM to get this working?

Hope the above is clear enough to understand what I would like to achieve. 

Your help would be greatly appreciated 

Thank Guys 

Gordon

Did you set the right URLs under "Advanced Parameters--->Multistore" select a shop and press "edit".

Also i can refer to a guide that helped me alot LINK even its not fro 1.6 it might help you.

ThePan. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.. This guide solved my problem .. all I had to do is “park the domain” and everything started to work. Thank you very much mate..  :wub:  

• Like 1