Multi currency module mandatory or not ?

Hello,

I want to have my prices available in Euros, pounds, and dollars on my website www.french-nymphs.com

I created the three currencies, and I struggle to activate the 3 of them ( I make the block appear, but no way to make appear other currencies when clicking on the block )

Is it mandatory for me to buy the multicurrency module if I want to display my products in 3 currencies, or I can make it in the 1.6 version for free ?

Thank you very much for your answer

Stan

ok, thank you very much !

Now, I am able to place this module on the left, but NO WAY to make appear my different currencies when I click on the currency block...

I am really stuck...

All my currencies are activated, maybe the position of the module is not good ?

Who knows where to position this module to make it work ?

Thank you for your help

Stan

ok, I have now in those two categories at the very top...

And not showing !!!

I'll carry on try all the positions possible until it will appear.... If someone knows how to place it, under or over other modules ( banner, cart...), that would help...

Do i have to modify stuff on the filezilla folder  to activate the currencies ?

You are an amazing help drunkbug, because, I have nearly finished my website, but I'm really stuck on this multi currency !!!!!

wow ! My currency button is ugly on the left, but it is there....  One small step for me...

Now i have to understand how to make appear euros and dollars when clicking on the currency button

drunkbug , where do you advise me to place this currency button ? it's true that it's ugly on the left...

Put it in top position, somewhere near the cart or Your account link. Have you changed css of blockcurrencies or some js files? Because Prestashop populates all currencies, but dropdown doesn't "drop down". So can't tell for now why it doesn't work as it should.

my blockcurrencies.tpl is like below, with my currency button on my website www.french-nymphs.com, unable to show dollars and euros...

Someone knows what to change in that code to make appear other currencies when I click on the currency button ?

Big thanx for your help...

<!-- Block currencies module -->
{if count($currencies) > 1}
<div id="currencies-block-top">
<form id="setCurrency" action="{$request_uri}" method="post">
<div class="current">
<input type="hidden" name="id_currency" id="id_currency" value=""/>
<input type="hidden" name="SubmitCurrency" value="" />
<span class="cur-label">{l s='Currency' mod='blockcurrencies'} :</span>
{foreach from=$currencies key=k item=f_currency}
{if $cookie->id_currency == $f_currency.id_currency}<strong>{$f_currency.iso_code}</strong>{/if}
{/foreach}
</div>
<ul id="first-currencies" class="currencies_ul toogle_content">
{foreach from=$currencies key=k item=f_currency}
<li {if $cookie->id_currency == $f_currency.id_currency}class="selected"{/if}>
<a href="javascript:setCurrency({$f_currency.id_currency});" rel="nofollow" title="{$f_currency.name}">
{$f_currency.name}
</a>
</li>
{/foreach}
</ul>
</form>
</div>
{/if}
<!-- /Block currencies module -->

ok, here's the content of my header.tpl file.... I can not change what you told me drunkbug ...maybe there's a problem on this header structure, I'll will search for header.tpl file problem on forums...

thanx for your help if someone knows !!!

{if isset($homeslider)}
    {addJsDef homeslider_loop=$homeslider.loop|intval}
    {addJsDef homeslider_width=$homeslider.width|intval}
    {addJsDef homeslider_speed=$homeslider.speed|intval}
    {addJsDef homeslider_pause=$homeslider.pause|intval}
{/if}

OK i found the good one, but no way to find the line you told me to modify drunk bug...

here's the total text of my theme header.tpl

thanks for your help

Stan

<!DOCTYPE HTML>

<!--[if lt IE 7]> <html class="no-js lt-ie9 lt-ie8 lt-ie7 " lang="{$lang_iso}"><![endif]-->

<!--[if IE 7]><html class="no-js lt-ie9 lt-ie8 ie7" lang="{$lang_iso}"><![endif]-->

<!--[if IE 8]><html class="no-js lt-ie9 ie8" lang="{$lang_iso}"><![endif]-->

<!--[if gt IE 8]> <html class="no-js ie9" lang="{$lang_iso}"><![endif]-->

<html lang="{$lang_iso}">

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8" />

<title>{$meta_title|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</title>

{if isset($meta_description) AND $meta_description}

<meta name="description" content="{$meta_description|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />

{/if}

{if isset($meta_keywords) AND $meta_keywords}

<meta name="keywords" content="{$meta_keywords|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />

{/if}

<meta name="generator" content="PrestaShop" />

<meta name="robots" content="{if isset($nobots)}no{/if}index,{if isset($nofollow) && $nofollow}no{/if}follow" />

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, minimum-scale=0.25, maximum-scale=1, initial-scale=1.0" /> 

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" /> 

<link rel="icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="{$favicon_url}?{$img_update_time}" />

<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="{$favicon_url}?{$img_update_time}" />

{if isset($css_files)}

{foreach from=$css_files key=css_uri item=media}

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$css_uri|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" type="text/css" media="{$media|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />

{/foreach}

{/if}

{if isset($js_defer) && !$js_defer && isset($js_files) && isset($js_def)}

{$js_def}

{foreach from=$js_files item=js_uri}

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$js_uri|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}"></script>

{/foreach}

{/if}

{$HOOK_HEADER}

<!--[if IE 8]>

<![endif]-->

</head>

<body{if isset($page_name)} id="{$page_name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}"{/if} class="{if isset($page_name)}{$page_name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}{/if}{if isset($body_classes) && $body_classes|@count} {implode value=$body_classes separator=' '}{/if}{if $hide_left_column} hide-left-column{/if}{if $hide_right_column} hide-right-column{/if}{if isset($content_only) && $content_only} content_only{/if} lang_{$lang_iso}">

{if !isset($content_only) || !$content_only}

{if isset($restricted_country_mode) && $restricted_country_mode}

<div id="restricted-country">

<p>{l s='You cannot place a new order from your country.'} <span class="bold">{$geolocation_country|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</span></p>

</div>

{/if}

{if $page_name=="index"}

<!-- slider start -->

{hook h="displaySlider"}

{/if}

{hook h="displayNav"}

<div class="top">

{if isset($HOOK_TOP)}{$HOOK_TOP}{/if}

</div>

<div id="page">

<div class="columns-container">

<div id="columns" class="container">

{if $page_name !='index' && $page_name !='pagenotfound'}

{include file="$tpl_dir./breadcrumb.tpl"}

{/if}

<div id="slider_row" class="row">

<div id="top_column" class="center_column col-xs-12 col-sm-12">{hook h="displayTopColumn"}</div>

</div>

<div class="row">

{if isset($left_column_size) && !empty($left_column_size) }

<div id="left_column" class="column col-xs-12 col-sm-{$left_column_size|intval} hidden-xs">{$HOOK_LEFT_COLUMN}</div>

{/if}

{if isset($left_column_size) && isset($right_column_size)}{assign var='cols' value=(12 - $left_column_size - $right_column_size)}{else}{assign var='cols' value=12}{/if}

<div id="center_column" class="center_column col-xs-12 col-sm-{$cols|intval}">

{/if}

Why do people code new themes when they don't know what are they doing? For some reason, the code that should be in your header.tpl file, is removed, and is put in modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.tpl It's NOT a Prestashop issue, your theme is so poorly coded... Try to find that code in blockuserinfo.tpl Also, you messed a lot with the hooks, and some modules are hooked in a very strange way. 

OK, it's turning really complicated for me to change all the tpl files.

One last question : would it be OK if I buy and install the multi currency module instead of all those changes ?

I just want my price in euros, pounds and dollars, no problem if the presentation is dropdown or not, as long as it's clean.

In other words, will I solve my currencies problem by buying the multi currencies modules, and ignoring those tpl files ? Or it's more complicated ?

Thanks

HEY !

I cleared the caches, and the currencies are OK now www.french-nymphs.com

It's working perfectly !

I have two last question to have the cherry on top of the cake

1.Now I just have a problem with the quick search bar, when I delete it, It's breaking my slider... How to delete this search bar without breaking the home aspect ?

2. If I want to choose where to place my currency block, I must changes codes in filezilla folder, right ?

Thanks !