Problem with duplication in greek language

Hello to all,

i have a problem with webmaster tools. I saw duplication title tags in some products and the reason is the letter σ and ς. 

In greek keyboard the right letter for sigma when goes as last letter in a word is "ς", But sigma is also "σ" when you want to write in a word except from the final.

Example URL'S

http://www.dakshop.gr/saturn/2150-λεβητας-saturn-kdb-250-nhc-euro.html

http://www.dakshop.gr/saturn/2150-λεβητασ-saturn-kdb-250-nhc-euro.html

those url's is the same page but i cant think how google spider finds the other with "σ"

how can i fix this issue?

There should be no problem with content duplication. As far as I can tell, if one visits the 2nd URL right now your shop performs a proper 301 HTTP redirection to the 1st URL, as I explained to another member some days ago.

I am all too aware of PrestaShop's past problems with the "sigma telikon" character. For example, in PS 1.5.3.1 if you edited a product or category via a form in the BO, the "ς" character in the end of a word would get converted to "σ" and the only way to correct this would be via direct DB edit, whereas if you imported a new product via CSV there were no problems with the "ς" character (until you wanted to make an edit in BO later). But in the latest stable version, with "accented characters" enabled I saw that there is no such problem anymore.

Perhaps Googlebot picked up the 2nd URL at a time when your shop had this problem as well. But right now, your shop is functioning as it should...

• Like 1

I don't think there is need for additional measures or anxiety: sometime in the future, Google will eventually "understand" that the 2nd URL is the same as the first and "retire" it from their database/cache. All this thanks to the 301 redirection performed by your website. :)

• Like 1