Wrong paypal address for buyer with a foreign payment card

PBo34

Hi,

I've had lately 2 customers whose country was wrong in the delivery address, which is apparently automatically taken from paypal. The first time, I suspected it could be a loophole to file a complaint and have the payment cancelled by paypal. I wouldn't have noticed if the shipping module hadn't rejected the address.

The first client explained me that he lives in France near the Belgian border and works in  Belgium, his bank account is where he gets his salary, nothing strange there, I was in this case a few years ago. But it doesn't prevent the paypal delivery address to be right, does it? or maybe he didn't remember where he lived when he entered his address in paypal? This is where I was surprised by his explanation, but he seemed sincere. He said that he cannot enter France as his country of residence, because the country of the payment card is automatically taken instead by the paypal program!

This week, the same case happened again with a customer who lives in Luxemburg and works in Germany. Again, order cancelled, many mails, and the client agreed to use an other payment method. 2 times 2 hours wasted, but it could have been a big loss of money if the shipping software hadn't alerted me.

Have you had such case so far? Was the parcel delivered? Have you had paypal claims?

Thank you for your inputs.

PBo

Edited by PBo34 (see edit history)