Mass Update with Attributes

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a module that allows mass updates of products with attributes.

I currently have 270 products, mostly with attributes, but need a quick way of updating stock on a daily basis as my suppliers change quantities daily. I did it manually today in BO but it took over 1 hr! I also tried the free mass update module but it doesn't alter the products that have attributes.

Can anyone help or suggest a way of doing this quickly?

Thanks in advance for your help
Gary

http://www.totallybike.com

Hi Gary,

I have the same need for this but have found that if i use the built in Import tool i can control the stock for them that way.

I can update the CSV file in excel every day and upload it, overright all of my current attributes with the new ones and the stock is updated.

If you need a hand let me know and I can send you my template CSV that seems to work..

All the best

Dan

Hi Gary,

I have the same need for this but have found that if i use the built in Import tool i can control the stock for them that way.

I can update the CSV file in excel every day and upload it, overright all of my current attributes with the new ones and the stock is updated.

If you need a hand let me know and I can send you my template CSV that seems to work..

All the best

Dan

Hi Dan,

I wouldn't have a clue as to how to do what you are talking about. How hard would it be?

Gary

There is a post on this forum (start search from forum main page, try search words mini-tutorial or mini tutorial. That should find it) where the guy does a mini tutorial on how to query your database to change multiple tables at a time. That may be the answer for you, you'll just have to pick the table you need to update rather than the one he uses as an example in the mini tutorial. Not sure if it is what you need. If not it may still be faster to make those changes right in the sql database rather than via BO.

f

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...