How to change automatic confirmation email?

Zeryk

I have set up payment option Cash on Delivery, but what bothers me is tht when customer proceed the order , it will automaticly send email Payment Accepted and same status is set up in my BO.

I need to change it in status Preparation and send automaticly email about Your order is in Prep.

In AdminOrdersControler.php I have managed ovewrite -  line:230  from PS_OS_PAYMENT to PS_OS_PREPARATION.

Which works certain way. It sends email ( my edited template Preparation ) , but unfortunately the heather of this email still shows up as Payment Accepted and so as my status in BO. 

I have payment conditions set up ( its explained to customer trought the confirmation process ) , that I confirm final price of all package when I get full weight in packed box and therefore shipping weight. 

But then autoamtic email says Payment Accepted ( even if the actual email content is about preparation only ) , Im afraid it can freak out the customer.

So my question is: " Where can I change automated status after confirmation order from Payment Accepted to Order in Preparation ?"

I was just about to write the same.... please help! I would add, generally, is it possible to have different confirmation emails sent depending on what payment or delivery method was chosen? One for all doesn't seem to work very well. 

Zeryk, did you rewrite some of the order statuses in the list? I discovered that they need to stay the same, maybe different wording but they are somehow connected to the process and are chosen automatically when emails sent and statuses set. I put mine back to what they were before and the whole process makes sense and works fine now! 

Edited by Janeta (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Zeryk, did you rewrite some of the order statuses in the list? I discovered that they need to stay the same, maybe different wording but they are somehow connected to the process and are chosen automatically when emails sent and statuses set. I put mine back to what they were before and the whole process makes sense and works fine now! 

yep, thanks for tip.

it looks like they are set up in certain order and cant be edited. 

I re-wrote it back and it works.

Thanks again! :-)