Problem with product pages urls after PS upgrade

DARKF3D3

Recently I upgraded my website from PS1.4.9 to PS1.6.0.9.
After the upgrade in notice that Google Webmaster Tool started showing me a lot of error of page not found, i have hundreds of error like this:

product.php?id_product=322 404
product.php?id_product=162 404
product.php?id_product=234 404
product.php?id_product=54 404

There's a way to fix this?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The url format has been changed between Prestahop 1.4 and Prestashop 1.6, using or not the url rewriting. product.php no longer exists.

You may create htaccess redirection or simply create a product.php file that will handle the redirection:

<?php
if(isset($_GET['id_product'])) {
        header('Location: /index.php?id_product='.$_GET['id_product'].'&controller=product',true,301);
        exit;
}
else {
        header('Location: /', true, 301);
}
?>

This is exactly the same for category.php and so on...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

The url format has been changed between Prestahop 1.4 and Prestashop 1.6, using or not the url rewriting. product.php no longer exists.

You may create htaccess redirection or simply create a product.php file that will handle the redirection:

<?php
        header('Location: /index.php?id_product='.$_GET['id_product'].'&controller=product',true,301);
        exit;
}
else {
}
?>

Thanx for the tip agenceweb74,

I have 2 questions :
- I have created the product.php file and put it on the root of the server. However, when I test the 404 urls of Webmaster Tool, I still have a 404
- For the category, is this syntaxe correct ?  /category.php?id_product='.$_GET['id_product'].'&controller=product',true,301); ?

Thank you in advance

Hello Sunda03 ,

I have 2 questions :
- I have created the product.php file and put it on the root of the server. However, when I test the 404 urls of Webmaster Tool, I still have a 404

What if your test in your browser ?
Please give us the urls. Probably those urls are no longer products urls but categories, cms, etc...

- For the category, is this syntaxe correct ?  /category.php?id_product='.$_GET['id_product'].'&controller=product',true,301); ?

Thank you in advance

No, you'll have to use (tested) :

<?php
if(isset($_GET['id_category'])) {
	header('Location: /index.php?id_category='.$_GET['id_category'].'&controller=category',true,301);
	exit;
}
else {
}
?>

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Agenceweb74

(my name is Jude it will be easier ;) )

Well, actually I tested in the browser but I still have an error.

Here is a sample url : http://waahooo.fr/coque-rechargeable-iphone-5/product.php?id_product=3 => It's still display 404

What I did so far:

- created a product.php and a category page with the codes you provided (no modifications)

- put both of them on the root of the server.

Thanx again

Hello Sunda03 ,

What if your test in your browser ?
Please give us the urls. Probably those urls are no longer products urls but categories, cms, etc...

No, you'll have to use (tested) :

<?php
if(isset($_GET['id_category'])) {
	header('Location: /index.php?id_category='.$_GET['id_category'].'&controller=category',true,301);
	exit;
}
else {
}
?>

Hey Jude (this remember me something :lol: )

Your 404 urls looks weird, it mix url rewriting with non url rewriting. I guess the problem may come from those wrong URLs that get indexed once. Sample provided are working with urls such :

http://waahooo.fr/product.php?id_product=34

You will probably have to deal with .htaccess manual Redirect. See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_alias.html#redirect

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

<?php
        exit;
}
else {
}
?>

Thanks for the info.

Is very good.

Hello Agenceweb74

(my name is Jude it will be easier ;) )

Well, actually I tested in the browser but I still have an error.

Here is a sample url : http://waahooo.fr/coque-rechargeable-iphone-5/product.php?id_product=3 => It's still display 404

What I did so far:

- created a product.php and a category page with the codes you provided (no modifications)

- put both of them on the root of the server.

Thanx again

Hi, I have to write for the new-product.php that also gives a 404 error ??
Thank you.