Management miniature categories (thumbnail) in PS 1.6

Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your possible answers. 

I develop in PS 1.6  in the default theme modified at CSS only for now, in default configuration images. 

In the BO, category management can generate a max image 870 * 225 category that appears when you click on the category. If there are subcategories, thumbnail images of 125 * 125 is displayed below. In the BO, we can import the image of the category and a button called "Miniature" import an image that will be, if I understand correctly, the thumbnail 125 * 125. 

But it does not work! Unless I misunderstood the use of the thumbnail function ... 

I told myself I was going to go through the DB for my images, but in the tables ps_category it appears nowhere a column for determining a link to a main image as thumbnail also! 

See also http: //doc.prestasho...497/pdm-1.5.png. I have not also found the 1.6, but it does not seem that there is much difference in any case, not on ps_category tables. 

Import in the BO, if the CSV example file is downloaded category, there is a URL category in the last column (Image URL), but not the thumbnail .... 

Questions: 

Will it has a bug in the management of the thumbnail or a procedure for particular application in the design methodology of a class? 

How to manage the DB images category? 

When importing from BO (not DB), there is the possibility of an image URL, but where this information is in the DB? 

Thank you in advance for your contributions fast, I'm stuck ...

Sorry about my english, I'm a simple frenchy !