Clearing cache howto

Hello,

I am helping a friend debug some functions in the Admin tabs. So i have zero experience with Smarty or Prestashop. I want to clear all caches to see if that's why my debugging class is not writing to my custom log. I've googled, and searched these forums, but i have yet to find the command line or backend way of clearing the cache. Can someone tell me how, or point me to a tutorial? Francais ou Anglais, peu importe.

Thanks,
Leigh
Biscuit

Merci, Ca a l'air bien, mais ce n'est pas mon installation, et je ne veux que vider le cache pour faire un petit debug. Il n'y a pas un moyen de vider les cache manuellement? J'ai pas envie d'aller jusqu'à l'installation d'un module custom pour faire ca!

Thanks, but it's not my prestashop install, and i just want to clear the cache once for diagnostic purposes. Isn't there a way of emptying the cache easily from the command line? I traced the $cache_dir variable to tools/smarty/cache, and there is an index.php file inside. Anyone have any ideas what I would erase?

All the best, Leigh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi - i am just started with prestashop. so my first steps hase been to figure out how the template strukture works. for example i put some headlines in header.tpl but nothing happened. after cleaning the cache in this direction (mentioned above) the headline apeared. my question at these point is there a module which clean up the cache automaticaly or is there a method where some extra lines would help to clear the cache - i think cleaning up the folder every time i did a change is not a good way to develop a template or its functionality. (any help? eg. mydomain.com/shop/?flush=1)

sorry for my bad english i am working on it.
thank you
the_mash

ps. as i see there are this lines in the index.php -> this looks gerate but it dosent work. why?
header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);
header("Pragma: no-cache");

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
After performing migration to PrestaShop 1.5 you may face the issue of irrelevant data storefront due to old cached information. To clear PrestaShop 1.5 cached data, delete the content of the following folders:

• cache/smarty/compile
  • cache/smarty/cache
  • img/ tmp

Clear all data in the folders, except index.php

Reload your website in browser to take a look at the changes you have made.

http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/faq/16-prestashop/67-how-to-clear-cache-after-prestashop-15-migration-

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to all, I have a bit of a strange issue - and I am suspecting the cache, yet I cleared all cache in the smarty folder and the problem remains the same. It occurs only in the Back office. In short - If I write down something and later try to replace it with something else the new information does not show up in the BO, yet in the front office it showsexactly as it should. For example: I created a category Baby bibs, but I mistyped "Babay" instead of "Baby". Of course I made the correction and in the front office it shows as it should but in BO it still shows "Babay". Same thing with the attibutes.It is not vital but is annoying. Upgraded to 1.5.4

• 5 months later...