Invalid product vars at line 104 in file classes/Link.php

Hi

Using PS 1.6.9 I have problems with some customers unable to login, my log files show always the same error and it might be related but don't know how to fix the problem:

if (!$id_lang)
            $id_lang = Context::getContext()->language->id;

$url = $this->getBaseLink($id_shop).$this->getLangLink($id_lang, null, $id_shop);

if (!is_object($product))
        {
            if (is_array($product) && isset($product['id_product']))
                $product = new Product($product['id_product'], false, $id_lang, $id_shop);
            elseif ((int)$product)
                $product = new Product((int)$product, false, $id_lang, $id_shop);
            else
                throw new PrestaShopException('Invalid product vars');
        }

Only fix i found is already applied in the file

Can somebody help me ?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi

Using PS 1.6.9 I have problems with some customers unable to login, my log files show always the same error and it might be related but don't know how to fix the problem:

if (!$id_lang)

$id_lang = Context::getContext()->language->id;

$url = $this->getBaseLink($id_shop).$this->getLangLink($id_lang, null, $id_shop);

if (!is_object($product))

{

if (is_array($product) && isset($product['id_product']))

$product = new Product($product['id_product'], false, $id_lang, $id_shop);

elseif ((int)$product)

$product = new Product((int)$product, false, $id_lang, $id_shop);

else

throw new PrestaShopException('Invalid product vars');

}

Only fix i found is already applied in the file

Can somebody help me ?

Thanks

Hi Ventesites, you did solve it?

I also have the same problem with the same version.

Regards.

no, never received an answer.

still have the same error in my log file.

I solved lot of problems with a local fresh install on my computer, the template I am using live is a customization from the default_bootstrap.

First thing was to go to : http://validator.w3.org/ and check my site, i had some +200 errors, some where mine, some where Prestashop's coding

so i did a merge of just about every single file to compare locally between original and customized files and fixed all errors until my site came 100% clean in the validator

I deleted all plugins i do not use because even if you don't use them de-installing is not enough, they can conflict with the plugins you need, also some are pretty bad, for example the Facebook plugin create a bunch of 404 with the og:image... I also disabled Ajax

another very important stuff i did directly having to do with customer unable to register is a big cleaning here:

In your BO "Localization > Countries + click on any country ....

I was amazed to discover that zip codes are already configurated a specific way for Prestashop to validate like: NNNNNN for China so, if your customer from China doesn't have 6 numbers in his zip code, he can't register.....

To me this should be an option, do we want Prestashop to automatically validate zip codes? and then configurate the stuff if we feel like it but it's the contrary, you must remove every preformated zip code if you want to make sure everybody can register....

On this same page, depending of the country, it can also be configurated to request customer's DNI, tax identification and a bunch of crap that make customer run away.....

Those are things you can't see when you test your site but that customers have to deal with....

Hope this help ! Good luck

Note : I still have problems but really not as bad as it was.

Edited by ventesites (see edit history)

• 6 months later...