Hi Everyone,

I've just upgraded to a cloud server.

Now when I try to upload a new image in Prestashop 1.6 using file manger, the image wont' load, rather the thumbnale gets a red box around it and a x and when you put your mouse over the thumbnail it says 'server error'

Here is a photo attached of the error.

Is this something to do with file permissions for images on the linux server?

Thanks

post-788516-0-94094000-1411803083_thumb.jpg

Thank you.  Appreciate the help! I went into Bitvise SFTP and in var/log there are a bunch of logs. 

This was in Apache 2 error.log:

[sun Sep 28 06:25:04.941654 2014] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 692] AH00163: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.5.9-1ubuntu4.3 configured -- resuming normal operations

[sun Sep 28 06:25:04.941758 2014] [core:notice] [pid 692] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/apache2'

[sun Sep 28 06:25:06.752789 2014] [:error] [pid 3482] [client 184.75.209.18:51334] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: IndexController::$module in /var/www/html/modules/faq/faq.php on line 1109

Some of the other error logs are 0 in size with nothing in them, is this above the right error log?

Still trying to figure out what I need to do to the server to be able to upload new photos?

The server is Linux Ubuntu.  Since the upgrade, I haven't been able to upload any pictures.

Here is a photo of the error attached.

If there are any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,

Swifter

post-788516-0-89003600-1412357991_thumb.gif

Hi, Swifter,

I suggest you to control your files and folders permission: 644 for files, 755 for folders.

That must be the right error log : PHP Notice:  Undefined property: IndexController::$module in /var/www/html/modules/faq/faq.php on line 1109 // This notice/error should be controlled. You have a module called FAQ that is giving an error. Although I do not think it is related to pictures. Try to uninstall it (disable any kind of cache) and check if it is still throwing errors in apache error log.

Have you asked you server staff about that error when uploading images? I am sure they can help you more. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Got to the bottom of it.  I installed a free module called etiendasdisplayphp.zip   which gave some information about php()

Then drunkbug on the forum told me to do this

SSH into your server and execute:

sudo apt-get install php5-gd

And then restart your apache server with this command:

sudo service apache2 restart

This fixed the photo problem even though solution was for a different error.

Thanks everyone

Prestashop automatically resizes uploaded images (at least, when adding product, category photos etc.), and it uses GD library for resizing. That's why you were not able to upload product photos - Prestashop wasn't able to resize them and throwed an error. But I can't explain, why it was throwing an error when uploading photos through file manager.

• Like 1