Free Postage for Specific items

On some items I am selling, I offer free postage.

Is there a way I can configure the shipping module, to allow me to set some items to free postage?

I did try to do it by altering a weight below the lighest item I charge posting on and then create a new weight range which has free postage, but as I also ship these items outside the UK and don't offer free postage on international sales, this isn't an option.

I am now trying to get the free postage to work, by creating a voucher which can only be used on a certain category.

When the items are added to cart, along with the voucher - They become free. So that part is working fine.
The problem is, when I add items which are not from the free postage category, they're still getting free postage.

Except for some items, which give an error message saying:
"cannot add this product because current voucher doesn't allow additional discount"

Is there anyway to remove this error message? And to fix it so that only the free postage category doesn't add to the postage costs.

I'm calculating by weight already.

I tried setting the weight to 0 but as it doens't let you make a weight range which is 0 it instantly charged the lowest weight range.
I have managed to get it that by using the weight range 0 - 0.00001 that I can have the postage as free, but the problem comes when trying to set up international shipping for the items in that weight range.

As these items weigh different amounts, having them in the 0 - 0.00001 weight range causes issues when trying to do international shipping costs.

Its working fine for the UK, but I don't really want to offer free shipping on all these items to other countries as well :/

True,

The additional discount error I think is because you have set up one of your vouchers so that it is not cumulative. ie. cannot be added to another. Prestashop doesn't handle this situation very well. Instead of letting you use one of the vouchers it just stops you from buying the product.