Auto-filling forms doesn't go well with the validation

midana

When I click the form at the checkout and choose to auto-fill with an address of mine, all fields fill up. Then when I click on the save-button however it says the last name isn't filled in. 

If I go back to the last name with my cursor and click it, enter a space (so it reacts to me writing in the field) and then click on save again - it works.

Anyone know what can be done so that this doesn't happen for people that auto-fill like me?

As far as I know, Midana, this is a problem not yet resolved but that I have read about similar problem on the forum. Perhaps it would be solved in the next release, who knows? Although it is not the desired solution, I would advise the Customer not to use autofill right in the registration page to prevent customers to go away just for that reason. Perhaps someone else can offer a better solution? I will follow this topic because it would be really fantastic to find a trick for this issue. Good luck!

I have just remembered something:  have you tried to disable/enable preferences>general >HTML purifier and test to autofill the forms? Html Purifier cleanswhite speces and so in text forms...

I don't find that in my 1.6.0.5, so I'm guessing they removed it?

As far as I know, Midana, this is a problem not yet resolved but that I have read about similar problem on the forum. Perhaps it would be solved in the next release, who knows? Although it is not the desired solution, I would advise the Customer not to use autofill right in the registration page to prevent customers to go away just for that reason. Perhaps someone else can offer a better solution? I will follow this topic because it would be really fantastic to find a trick for this issue. Good luck!

Smart solution until they solve the real problem. Thank you. :)