Top Bar

basher29

Hi I am doing a bit of editing with colours etc in the default 1.6 theme but the bar at the top of the home page ( Call us now toll free: 0123-456-789 to the left and contact us and sign in on the right)  what is this bar please and where would i find it as i am trying to change the colours but can't figure out what it's called or is

thank you

All that row is called "nav" . If you want to change background color you have to go to global.css under yourtheme/css/.

Then, all the entries in that nav div are modules themselves. So, you have to change the css for that module which is under yourtheme/css/yourmodulesname.

I suggest you to use a code inspector on each element on the page that you want to edit. Chrome's code inspector, for instance, will show you which css rule and which file and line you must edit. You can even do a test modifying the css code right there without doing any permanent changes (your modifications will be lost at the time you recharge the page). Safari uses Firefly and Firefox has its own code inspector. 

Hope this helps!

All that row is called "nav" . If you want to change background color you have to go to global.css under yourtheme/css/.

Then, all the entries in that nav div are modules themselves. So, you have to change the css for that module which is under yourtheme/css/yourmodulesname.

I suggest you to use a code inspector on each element on the page that you want to edit. Chrome's code inspector, for instance, will show you which css rule and which file and line you must edit. You can even do a test modifying the css code right there without doing any permanent changes (your modifications will be lost at the time you recharge the page). Safari uses Firefly and Firefox has its own code inspector. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your help your a big help thanks! I'm still learning the basics.  I don't know if you have seen this website but it generates code for you IE. gradient colours but when i apply these to the code superfish-modified the horizontal menu changes to that colour but then you can't view the cart  when it lowers to view items in the shopping cart or subcategories. Would you know anything about this? 

thank you

Cheers for looking nutxlago, the very strange thing is when I am on my Samsung tab looking at the site on mobile view the cart block scrolls down when there is an item in the basket but on the normal site (when I tilt my tab to the side) or on my desktop it wont show anything. Its basically a logo. Do you get this on any of your devices? Thank you so much for helping