Logged in customer cant see categories

croc

in the back office, go to categories and clic on the button "modify" at right

...you mean this simple setting - yes all categories are allowed for all groups of customers.

I think it need something other setting, cause the whole Block Categories is not visible. (for example on the homepage the Slider Block is not right alligned cause that Categories Block is missing) (on other type of page , for example like any cms page , there is visible right column with new products, information, best sellers,......but Categories there are not too - still missing)

Edited by croc (see edit history)

Croc, could you please share your url so that we can inspect the code?

There could be many different reasons for the module to be hidden..

I suggest you to disable all kind of cache in B.O. > Advanced parameters > Performance

Check block categories hooks as well in Modules > modules positions. You can test to move block categories upwards in rightDisplay hook  (if I do remember well) Perhaps other module is preventing it to show.  Edit the block categories hook just in case you have the module set not to show on homepage and other pages (Page exception list)

If block categories is not visible, please check if it is allowed to all devices (in Modules > block categories >  open the arrow next to configure to see more options. I do not think it is the problem, since you have said it is visible in  CMS page.

If module continues to be hidden, you can always try unistalling and reinstalling block categories block. But, let us visit your url first, perhaps we are able to give you more precise answers.