Keeping text formatting on Featured Products on the Homepage

srjacob

Could someone please help me.  I must not be doing something correctly.

In my products catalog, the text is formatted with colors, fonts, and sizes.  I am using the Featured Products on the Homepage module, and I am getting the products out there correctly.  However, in the textural descriptions on the homepage, I am not getting the formatting that I have in the catalog Product Description.

I am running Prestashop 1.6.0.9.

I would like to get the same formatting on the description of the Featured Products on the Homepage as I have in the Product Description in the Catalog.

Does someone out there know how to do this?  Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Hi, Steve!

First check if cache is enabled in BO > Advanced parameters > performance.

If enabled, disable it in order to force Prestashop to show you your css changes. (Disable compress css as well, the code inspector in Chrome or FFox will let you know which css styles are being applied)

If you still do not see your code applied, please share your url with us so that we can have a look at it.

I see 2 css rules are not applying because other css rules are overwritting them:

color: #777;

font-size: 12px;

Just add !important;  at the end of each rule,like this:

color: #777  !important;

font-size: 12px  !important;

This is only an example. Just try applying that important to the styles you want to be applied and never overwritten.

Edited by nutxlago (see edit history)

Srjacob, I send you a screenshot of modified text in homepage, applying css rules as follows:

a {
cursor: pointer;
color: #2965be !important;
text-decoration: none !important;
}

In global.css line 498

See the img to check the result. Is that what you are trying to achieve?

post-293839-0-49311500-1411326126_thumb.jpg

Yes, that is what I would like to achieve.  The text formatting in the product summary was done with the tinymce editor because I can't figure out how to get html+css coding directly into the CMS page  (I tried showing code, and cutting and pasting in the editor, but it wouldn't put the html into the cms page).  If someone could show me how to do this in 1.6 (I did it all the time in 1.5.6), I would be eternally grateful.

In any case, I would like to get the formatted text from the product summary into the Featured Products (as nutxlago has done).  How did you do this?