Delete products by csv

Yancey

Hi all!

I was wondering if it is possible to delete products using the csv.

My supplier uses a csv file to update and ad his products, but if a product is out of stock and won't come back again, he deletes it from the csv.

So if i do a Vlookup i get the #N/A at the product who don't excists anymore. Is there a simple way in the csv to let those products drop out of the database? So i don't have to delete them by hand?

Thanks in advance!

This is the solution I can think of:

If you have a Provider's reference number, and you have it on products "reference code" field in DB (different from prestashop product id), you can add it to the cvs, create a new row setting Active 0/1 for each product: if you want to deactivate the product (not shown on catalogue) put a 0 in theproducts row, put a 1 if the product is active (it is still in provider's catalogue), then in the CSVimport,

upload the csv file

Set "use product reference as key" (only this selected)

Set active 0/1 row linked to active 0/1 column

IGNORE any other row

Then, once PS has proccessed all the file, you can filter the products and get rid of the deactivated for that provider in a bulk way.

Edited: I do not know any other way to remove products using the CVS Importer, it was just created to add products. Perhaps someone else have a better idea.

Hope ii helps!

Edited by nutxlago (see edit history)

This is the solution I can think of:

If you have a Provider's reference number, and you have it on products "reference code" field in DB (different from prestashop product id), you can add it to the cvs, create a new row setting Active 0/1 for each product: if you want to deactivate the product (not shown on catalogue) put a 0 in theproducts row, put a 1 if the product is active (it is still in provider's catalogue), then in the CSVimport,

upload the csv file

Set "use product reference as key" (only this selected)

Set active 0/1 row linked to active 0/1 column

IGNORE any other row

Then, once PS has proccessed all the file, you can filter the products and get rid of the deactivated for that provider in a bulk way.

Edited: I do not know any other way to remove products using the CVS Importer, it was just created to add products. Perhaps someone else have a better idea.

Hope ii helps!

Thanks for the nice explaining, i appriciate the efford!

I use the Active 0/1 now for products which are out of stock, but will come back later. So it is a solution, only i still have to look for what product i have to delete or not.

You gave me an other idea by the way, i think i'll give the products which won't come back anymore a bizar amount of stock (something like 99999 or so). I'll sort those in ps bo and delete the items with that stock.

Thanks!