Add my first address, postcode and states doesn't display

Hi, I installed prestashop v1.6.0.8 and have some troubles on "add my first address" in a custom account.

Well I saw in other topic if you disable smart cache javascript code it should work, but not for me :/

So I went to the address.tpl and saw that the postcode has unvisible class

{if $field_name eq 'postcode'}
{assign var="postCodeExist" value=true}
<div class="required postcode form-group unvisible">

So if I remove this class it works. I'm not sure that is a good fix.

Well when I chose a UU.EE. or any country with states, the combo of states doesn't appear. I don't know it it should be displayed with javascript or is displaying every time. I saw other topic that if you remove id_state from the class it should work but, no. So I checked the address.tpl and I see that it has no array to display. In countries for example you can see {$countries_list}.

{if $field_name eq 'State:name'}
{assign var="stateExist" value=true}
<div class="required id_state form-group">
<label for="id_state">{l s='State'} <sup>*</sup></label>
<select name="id_state" id="id_state" class="form-control">
<option value="">-</option>
</select>
</div>
{/if}

Can someone explain me what happend and help please?

Thanks so much.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I solved it. I saw that I had no "tools" folder in "theme/default-bootstrap/js" and ajax call for repaint and recharge a combo box didn't work.

Having the same issue. It works in chrome and IE, but if i use the safari on the ipad or even firefox the states / post code do not appear. Using Bootstrap responsive theme. 

I just tested it in safari v7.0.6 (9537.78.2) and it's appear. Look if on change the country you realize an ajax call for repaint and recharge the combo box of states. If not look the tools folder the statesManagement.js if the code is ok.

Anyway if u don't want to do that, just download the lastest version of prestashop and replace the folder.

Hope it help u.

bb

Finally I solved it. I saw that I had no "tools" folder in "theme/default-bootstrap/js" and ajax call for repaint and recharge a combo box didn't work.

I just tested it in safari v7.0.6 (9537.78.2) and it's appear. Look if on change the country you realize an ajax call for repaint and recharge the combo box of states. If not look the tools folder the statesManagement.js if the code is ok.

Anyway if u don't want to do that, just download the lastest version of prestashop and replace the folder.

Hope it help u.

bb

Cheers for the help mate, no luck tho i replaced the folder too, I have the tools folder and as far as i can see the list appears but no states showing any suggestions. Still not showing correctly on Ipad

Cheers

Anthony

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Did you eventually get this solved beesneaky? I have the same problem the postcode is not showing on the mobile phone. On computer it is showing, I have tried almost all solutions discussed and even tried making a new field but nothing helped. Any help would be apprecieted.