Ajax feature is easy to break?

Starfish

Hi

It seems to me, as I try to set up my small store - without attempting anything ambitious - the ajax feature breaks. I've had to start over once already because the 'add to cart' button was being given the class="unvisible" and it was entirely beyond my skills to discover/understand where and how that was being assigned.

Now I discover that the roll over action in category view (grid of products), which was totally fine has stopped operating. I do not know when this happened exactly, so am not able to fathom what might have tripped it and undo it.

I've added products, replaced images in the places where images are offered for changing in the back of office and disabled some modules. That's it. The some total of my meddling. I've checked through the modules that I've disabled and none of them look guilty. Yes, I'll turn them all back on again though this is what I did last time to no avail so I'm not hopeful... infact I'm loosing the will to live to be honest. I cannot start over again again.... not as it seems to break so easily, so the chances of it happening again are high.

(I've searched these forums till I'm blue in the face, as much of what is in here relates to 1.5, not 1.6 and it's not always clear when the old version is the subject of the topic - makes it all the harder/confusing for a newbie).

Yours downhearted

Star

Edited by Starfish (see edit history)

Hi. Thank you for responding.

PrestaShop 1.6.

I'm developing it on a local Apache server as there's no remote space for it yet.

I've read through various things on this forum and there doesn't seem any clear indication as to what it might be. I don't beleive it's the same thing that has tripped it off the second time because it has manifested differently. I've not had time to touch the site this week, but hope to get back to it next week.