Configuring the paypal module

Im having a bit of trouble sorting out the paypal module for Prestashop.

For a start, in my paypal account, if i go to Profile > Selling Preferences the options i am told to set, arent in the list:
- Auto Return : Off,
- Payment Data Transfer to Off.

The same for Profile > Selling Preferences > Postage Calculations.

I attempted a transaction through the sandbox anyway, and i after completion, i got sent back to my site, however the order was not in my orders list, or in the back office under orders.

I had a look around and found a new paypal module http://www.ecartservice.net/08092008/beta-v2-paypal-module-prestashop/.

After installing that, and going through another transaction, the order successfully showed up under My Account, and also in the back office. However, the order is stuck at "Awaiting Paypal Payment". And ive checked the sandbox accound and no money has been transfered in.

Im running the site on my localhost at the moment.

Im really stuck with this.
Any help will be greatly appretiated.

ÄÄähhh, if you run your shop on your localhost it is most unlikely that paypal can send you the ipn that is needed by prestashop to confirm the order process or that there has been a valid payment.
Usually the payment module sends a "message" with payment amount and so on to the paypal server. If paypal can confirm the transaction it will send a message back to the shop.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_Payment_Notification
You have to test this on a "real" server.
Greetz, trip

Thanks for the reply.

I thought that running on localhost was the source of this but then again id had success with oscommerce and paypal on my localhost. Im assuming it must just be a difference in the prestashop/osc paypal modules then?

Its a bit annoying tho that i. Now have to sort out hosting before i can even test the module.
The module instructions even give a localhost address as the one to give to paypal.

Is there a way i can get this working on my localhost?

Maybe you get it working with with a dyn-DNS service and portfarwarding port 80 on your router or whatever configuration you have, I am not shure and even if you get the module working on your local setup you have no guaranty, that it will work on your hosting provider.
Greetz, trip

• 6 years later...
Guest locen

Hi, i use prestashop 1.6.0.9 and paypal 3.10.8

In sandbox mode i see "awaiting paypal payment."

I maie thia test because after 17june paypal will update all security policies. If in sandbox modeni receive this status all will work fine?